8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Long time reader, first time poster here at 8thgen. I've got a couple of questions regarding my clutch. I got the car (09 si) at around 3k miles. My stock clutch went out around 45k miles, seemed pretty low to me but from what I've been hearing with the transmission the car has, it wasn't too farfetched. So now I'm sitting at around 105k miles and my clutch is doing the ol' slipping motion. It's not super bad, but if I press on the gas hard, the rpms will shoot up without me going anywhere. Which leads me to believe from past experiences that its end is near. However if I just shift normally, there is very little slipping, if any. Could there be another fix to this as opposed to getting a new clutch? Or is it too far gone at this point?

Also, if I wanted to upgrade to something a little better like a stage 2, what other modifications would I have to do to the car for it to handle the upgraded clutch, if any?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
A new clutch is probably in order. Do you have modifications done to the car? If not, you really don't need anything more than the Exedy OEM Replacement clutch. The stock clutches on these cars can handle a fair amount of power. Even if you I/H/E, the stock clutch will hold just fine. With that being said, if you wanted a more aggressive clutch, I think the Exedy Stage 1 will be right up your alley. It's not too much different than stock in terms of pedal feel, but it can handle more power and more abuse then stock. If you would like pricing on anything, shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to help you out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
waddup everyone im new to this but i have a 09 civic si sedan wondering what clutch should i upgrade to its stock only mods are tsudo catback exhaust and takeda short ram intake...working progress...but just want to know for the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts