8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i kno i should search but theres alot of threads on clutches to much to read.im just wondering what brand clutch should i get.i want a stage 3 clutch no matter what but i also kno if i should get a new flywheel and should i get a lightweight one??? what is considered lightweight?i daily drive my car but i like racing at the track alot ??please help me out thanx :woot:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
without spray like 240 and with spray like 300 im just really wondering wat combo is good and is a light wheel a good idea.i heard a lighter fly wheel makes the rpms go up faster

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cold air intake,tbs,buddyclub header,skunk2 70mm ex with 2.75in piping,hondata img,reflash,i also bought the type r final drive from a friend and im replacing my 2nd gear so i might aswell install a clutch.i also have the wet kit on a 75 shot .and im planning on getting the rbc port and polish or getting the rrc when ever sombody dynos it.thats about it

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
How much power are you running? I myself am going with an ACT 6 puck sprung w/ACT Street Lite Flywheel which is 12lbs. And I'm gonna be turbo too. Check out ACT / Advanced Clutch Technology®. They don't have it listed for our cars but just search under 06 RSX Type S, same clutch and flywheel.
Turbo's and lightened flywheels don't work well, you'll drop out of boost between shifts. Most of us FI guys are doing just fine on the stock clutches.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
I have a CC stage 2 clutch and CC 11lb flywheel. It's way more than enough for your application. I just have bolt-ons. The clutch pedal is adjusted as far as throwout can go and it still grabbed at the bottom of the pedal when i got it out the shop.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Remember, one brand's "stage 1, 2 3 or whatever" dont compare to the next brand.. so saying you want a "stage 3" clutch means absolutely nothing..

Select your clutch based on torque, and driving habits.. nothing else. "Stages" are just a marketing ploy.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
Stay AWAY from ACT clutches for the new Si. Stage 3 is has too much spring pressure and will blow the master cylinder.

Additionally the geometry of stage 3 clutch from ACT leaves too much distance between the throwout bearing and the spring forks for the master cylinder to overcome and you will have to put the pedal all the way to the floor and even then the clutch will not fully disengage.

Some people will adjust the pedal but this will only mask the issue, create a preloaded situation and cause the master cylinder to blow out sooner.

and as trboCIVIC stated pick the clutch that matches your power.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.