8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Civic Si Sedan 68K miles
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read a lot of the threads, many are old, as expected, but I just wanted to confirm something. Hopefully someone can help out a noob.

I read this thread Groaning sound when letting clutch out slowly which is exactly my problem. But no one advised, if its something that needs to be fixed, or do we just live with it.

• Car is 2010 Si Sedan. 68K miles.
  • At 58K miles, honda dealer replaced clutch under warranty. So current clutch/flywheel etc all have about 10K miles.
  • The groan noise (like opening an old door), only happens in 1st gear.
  • Noise DOES NOT happen when I put the foot in the floor to clutch.
  • Noise ONLY happens when I am releasing my foot from the clutch.
I noticed, when I take it out of the garage in the morning, there is a groan coming. Initially I thought it was steering or a bearing, then I realized it is electronic steering.

After reading the forums, it is definitely the clutch groan, that is described on the forums. If I put a little gas while releasing the clutch, the noise isn't there. If I release the clutch (taking foot off clutch), with no gas, I can replicate the noise.

My question is:

• Is this just an annoyance of a noise? (My FJ Cruiser and Tacoma had them, I am familiar with those cars throw out bearing issues).
  • Is it a noise that is pointing to a CMC failure?
Just want to understand is this something I need to fix, or something I live with?

Nothing is wrong with car, trans is fantastic. Everything about it is great.

Appreciate the help

·
Registered
35 Posts
I replaced my clutch and throwout bearing, and also replaced my cmc and slave with em1 it does the groaning on every gear only when in gear and.. Well.. I would love for it to go away.. But it doesn’t. If there is a way to fix it. That would be fantastic.

·
Registered
2010 Civic Si Sedan 68K miles
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced my clutch and throwout bearing, and also replaced my cmc and slave with em1 it does the groaning on every gear only when in gear and.. Well.. I would love for it to go away.. But it doesn’t. If there is a way to fix it. That would be fantastic.
Ah ok

Mine only does in first gear, and only when I let the clutch out, without giving it in gas (as in when car is in high idle in morning)....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts