8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been hearing about a lot of problems with the stock CMC when upgrding the clutch. i know there was a guy making aftermarket ones on here but i forgot who....if anyone has any info on what to to when upgrading to say a act extreme let me know as im gonna haev to figure something out really soon.

thanks

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
it happens because people upgrade their clutch without researching first.

how much torque are you making? if you're not making over 200lb of torque, stock is fine.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
what mods do you have that will get you to 210 wtq?? turbo?

just don't go overboard because our Si can't handle strong clutches that are too strong which some case, will cause CMC failure.

if you go with Exedy, don't go higher than stage 2 and if you going with ACT, don't go any higher than Heavy Duty because if you do, you'll have a good chance of running into problems down the road.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
what modifications are you planning to do?? assuming you have a Si, its gonna be hard getting to 275whp/210wtq without tuning.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what modifications are you planning to do?? assuming you have a Si, its gonna be hard getting to 275whp/210wtq without tuning.
i am tuning....and yes i have a way ;)

im gonna be running a k24 block 12:1 CR with full bolt ons and my z3 head with tsx exhaust cam. a similar setup on k20.org made 275 whp and 209 wtq with a modest tune :)

either way i need a heavier duty clutch and the CMC will not hold up.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate with a Street Disc holds 252lb torque so you can get that if you want. the Exedy Stage 2 holds 233lb of torque, but has the clutch chatter due to their 3 pucks disc. both of those are already good enough for your setup so there is really no need to go any higher cus if you do, you're just asking for trouble.

Good Luck on your build:thumb:

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate with a Street Disc holds 252lb torque so you can get that if you want. the Exedy Stage 2 holds 233lb of torque, but has the clutch chatter due to their 3 pucks disc. both of those are already good enough for your setup so there is really no need to go any higher cus if you do, you're just asking for trouble.

Good Luck on your build:thumb:
thankss for the advice but i already know what clutch/flywheel combo im doing.....this thread was asking about the CMC not te clutch.....please help guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts