8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed the CMC for about 2 weeks and my clutch started to slide.. meaning while im in gear if i put my foot down at like 60% or more of the throttle the gear would slide then after a second it catches on.. my car only has 46k on it.. and i beat it here and there but no burnouts i power shift sometimes but nothing crazy i DD my car.. after everyslide i smell clutch burning. could it be my CMC causing it? i doubt it cause im already in gear.. lemme know i feel less torque also

·
Registered
647 Posts
okay the crazy thing is that i went back to the mechanic and he adjusted the clutch and all and it continued to happen.. he told me it could be the clutch could it still be that?
Idk man did you watch him readjust the clutch? Did you make sure used all oem parts from your old cmc and put it in the em1 cmc? If not, then that's the reason your clutch is slipping.
If he did, then maybe your clutch pedal is touching the pin in the back of the bracket. Your pedal can't touch that bracket or you'll burn your clutch out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he means slipping not sliding
well my friend was telling me that theres a difference.. sliding is while its in gear already meaning I could be in second gear forever and low throttle.. and then when I put the throttle down to a little more than half or more its like the gear isn't fully in so the revs (slip or slide) up then comes back down into gear then pulls hard..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No your friends not a idiot. It's all a learning process.
Did you check to see if your clutch was adjusted properly?
I just bought skunk2 cambers for fitment of my wheels.. when I install them ill get it checked also.. I would say by this week*.. so no vtec for me lol

·
Registered
647 Posts
It doesn't matter if you hit vtec or not. If your clutch isn't adjusted right your clutch is history.
Let me know how the camber arms are :)

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
You need to adjust the stop switches inside the vehicle and you ALWAYS have to check the slave side to make sure it's proper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts