8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently having issues with my 09 Civic Si going into gear, which started out of no where. I see online most of the issues I seem to be having have been fixed by the CMC video. It has made it driveable but still having issues.

Out of nowhere I noticed my car having issues going into gear. It got worse and worse until it would just grind trying to go into gear. I had the car on a lift and would leave it in gear and have the clutch pedal all the way in and the tires were still rotating.I unsure why the clutch will not fully release.We started adjusting the CMC and it helped a little. I have even replaced the Slave and Master cylinder. The clutch will make some noise that it isn't fully releasing and giving it issues. I tried adjusting it recently and when I set it to what the video asks it will not go into gear. We have shorted the distance to be able to drive it but it also lost clutch pedal pressure.The current state of my clutch right now is pressing it all the way to the firewall to go into gear and the clutch will start grabbing as soon as I start releasing. When it comes to switching gears, If i do it quickly it goes pretty smoothly. Otherwise I have to switch and it wont go in initially but if I hold pressure it will drop it. There are also times when if the RPMs I guess drop too low it wont want to go in so I have to rev it up and drop it in gear. Mainly if I am getting on the highway or don't change gears quick enough. Downshifting is pretty hard, I can drop it in third easier than dropping it in second.

I am going to reset the CMC to what the video says and rebleed the clutch line and see if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is it an after market clutch in the car? My 08 had about the same issue and i could only solve it with the em1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is original clutch with 145k miles so we knew we would have to replace it soon, but the issues didn't seem to be pointing directly at the clutch.

UPDATE:

After talking to some transmission shops they said it was an issue with the clutch, We are getting the clutch replaced and the shop has advised the pressure plate is bad and causing the issues. We are replacing the clutch and pressure plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts