8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 civic si sedan 50k miles, and I recently have a horrendous time when it comes to shifting. I swapped out the stock clutch and flywheel about a year ago, and replaced them with the ACT Heavy Duty Clutch and ACT Lightweight Flywheel. Now down to the problem. I can't even shift into reverse without grinding, so i have to preshift it into reverse before i start the engine. :facepalm: Every shift after the tranny starts warming up, is almost impossible to get the gear to lock it, so I came down to the assumption that the clutch isn't disengaging? I took it into the shop and they said i was getting full pedal, but it indeed wasn't disengaging. However, before I buy a new clutch :facepalm: like they recommend, I thought I would run it by you all before I start dumping that kind of money. Any suggestions?

-Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did have the throwout bearing and pilot bearing/bushing replaced with the clutch and flywheel, however since the general consensus is the throwout bearing, that will be the first thing I check. The only vibration I feel, is the shudder of the engine when the clutch is fully pressed down (but not fully disengaged). A few months ago I did hear a creaking in the pedal when I pushed it in, but it went away after about a week. Thanks for all the input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts