8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving in stop and go grid lock today and i noticed that when every i started to release the clutch to start going i was hearing a strange noise i never heard before, how would i know if my clutch is going or not ?

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
@ a stop, put the car in 3rd gear. take off. if the car starts accelerating, the clutch is good.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im in class , and if thats the case ( badclutch) How many hours would it take a hondaa tech to replace the clutch and should i go with oem or aftermarket?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
samx109 said:
if it's the clicking sound then it's normal because that's the sound of unlocking the gears
its more of a faint higher note vibrating sound kinda its hard to explan if i can ill try and get a audio clip

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Wierdochild89 said:
do you give it a little bit of gas?

yes, you will need to feather slightly. But as long as you start accelerating your fine.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Yes, that would mean the clutch is gripping. If the car continues to idle with the clutch out and in gear.. then I think you would be ******.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i think my clutch is goin as well... if im in 3rd and i punch it the rpm's go up and i hear the engine getting loud but im not goin nowhere until about a couple seconds later... should i get a new clutch? if i should from where and what kind?....

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
how many miles are on the car? i've seen/heard of several Si's clutches going at around 30k miles

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
If you know how to drive a MT, our clutch will last well over 100k miles

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Toma630 said:
i think my clutch is goin as well... if im in 3rd and i punch it the rpm's go up and i hear the engine getting loud but im not goin nowhere until about a couple seconds later... should i get a new clutch? if i should from where and what kind?....
yeah, your clutch is slipping, what the hell did you do to the car???

The clutches should last 50-70k miles at least.

·
Registered
511 Posts
mischief316 said:
What will happened if you have a bad clutch but don't know about it in time?
It just breaks. Either in gear or not. When you step on it in gear, it just revs and not move or when the spring goes bad, the clutch gets really hard to depress or just get stuck halfway down/up.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
wow i need to test this....
i remeber one time i put it in third by accident and tried to go but it stalled....
but i was letting go of the clutch and gasing like i was in first so that maybe the problem...

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Whocares05050 said:
If you know how to drive a MT, our clutch will last well over 100k miles
you could be the best driver in the world but if you end up with a faulty clutch and it goes out early then there's nothing you can do.. it happens when it happens

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
jackolee said:
wow i need to test this....
i remeber one time i put it in third by accident and tried to go but it stalled....
but i was letting go of the clutch and gasing like i was in first so that maybe the problem...
That's what should happen. If the clutch slips and your car keeps running then your in trouble.

When a clutch is at it's WORST you can put the shifter in top gear, let the clutch out, and the car will still idle. I had a car come into the shop like this before.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
ohhh okay...
well i didnt read this sooner so i just tested it out and ...
idk exactly how i was suppose to do it but i just gases alittle in third and just dropped the clutch and wow biggest whip lash ive ever felt in my life while in a car.....
car jerked so hard i flew forward lucky i had seatbelt on

·
Registered
35 Posts
na... i meant when i get to 3rd ... doing about 30 mph...i punch it but it revs gets loud but i go no where!!... but yeah i got my car when i was 16 it is an 06 and i had no one to teach me how to drive stick ...so i learned on my si... i need help on what to do now...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts