8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought my 07' civic si yesterday with 136 miles on it!
I am having problems driving with its clutch?
I have driven a stick since I was 16, now im 19... been through 7 honda's.
The clutch on these are crazy, they catch hella fast, so I'm afraid of burning the clutch.
Can you describe your thoughts on the clutch? anyone else had problems learning to drive it?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn that was a quick response!
like right when i let off clutch a hair it will kill it unless i slam the throttle.
It's hella weird? maybe cuz its only got like 250 miles on the clutch so its still new? I donno im used to older hondas with clutches that you can let it out and catch later.

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
Been driving a stick for 10 yrs and this is the only car that I have had problems with. The clutch is so sensitive, I either chirp the tires or bog the launch, and I have got 3,000 miles on the car.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes! it's just so sensitive I wondered if I was alone but I guess not.
How do I learn to drive this sensitive clutch?
cuz I don't want to burn the clutch..since its so sensitive how do you guys drive it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
That's odd, I would describe my clutch as "really forgiving" - as compared to my boyfriends Nissan Frontier or my old Hondas or Saab...especially the Saab, I chirped the tires at least once a day in the dang thing. (It also didn't go in reverse since the gearshift got jacked up. I had to be REAL careful to not park in a pull-in spot....)

Perhaps just put some more miles on it...I got mine with 4,800 miles on it, and the lady who had it before me learned how to drive stick on it. It could be that she fuzzed it out while learning and driving around, but I don't have a single complaint about it...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I felt that the clutch was very sensitive when I first started driving it. After a week or so I got used to it and this car feels more forgiving than others. It feels like you hit the friction zone immediately when you let off a little while others give a little more room. Dunno.. havent been driving stick that long.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
i have close to 3K

every time when I am going to upshift.... i hear a weird light and bassy sound when I hit the clutch.... is that normal ?

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Not to sound like a ****, but how do you "hear" a light?

·
Registered
175 Posts
e60.deluxe said:
wait, what? now im more confused.
Summary:
nayilsi says he hears a light and bassy sound.
matts thinks nayilsi says he hears a "light" (as in a streetlight or lamplight)
Cyprinid comments and offers possible source of confusion for matts

·
Registered
100 Posts
i bought my car with 3 miles on it and i tell you, that clutch was only a few millimeters off the floor when it started grabbing... ive got about 500 miles now, and it seems to be getting "normal" now, but i was having troubles with the clutch grabbing so soon

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
nayilsi said:
i have close to 3K

every time when I am going to upshift.... i hear a weird light and bassy sound when I hit the clutch.... is that normal ?
OHHHHH I know what your talking about it just hit me. Thats the sound you get when your engine is struggling to speed up when your at a higher gear.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Firestrife said:
OHHHHH I know what your talking about it just hit me. Thats the sound you get when your engine is struggling to speed up when your at a higher gear.

but the sound is from the clutch

feels like a wear sound

1 - 20 of 25 Posts