8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
omg i have no clue what happened i dont really race my care and iam careful with it...i just cant belive that my clutch burnt at 3k! the dealer is going to make me pay more than a grand to fix this i have no clue what to do! any advice please!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Sweet details!
:yeahthat: I'm curious about your driving techniques as well.

Just for my clarification, when you said 'burnt clutch' you mean your clutch is already slipping while fully engaged and the car's accelerating right? (rpms going up fast while the car's not really moving as it should)

·
Registered
132 Posts
at 3k miles :eek2:!!! wow man dont do through Honda dealer is too expensive and practice some more before you get the new one you must be doing something wrong, let us know how it goes.

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
You going to blame it on Honda?

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
This is not Honda's fault. This is driver fault.

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
I know, i was being sarcastic since it's only 3k miles

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
I figured you were ^^ just letting a youngster know to politely learn how to drive your car. Si= kind of a expensive car to learn stick on.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
I figured you were ^^ just letting a youngster know to politely learn how to drive your car. Si= kind of a expensive car to learn stick on.
I taught myself stick on my Si... im at 25,000 and the clutch is still just as good as it was on day one when i stalled like 5 times leaving the dealership.

Something tells me theres WAY more to this story than meets the eye

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
a little over a grand is reasonable for a clutch job on our cars. you have to pull pretty much everything short of the motor (including steering rack) just to drop the tranny. i asked my dealership for shits and giggles what a clutch/flywheel would cost and it came out to $2042.17. I ended up having my buddys shop do an exedy stage 1/exedy flywheel for $1000. but yeah ur driving style needs to change asap.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts