8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
omg i have no clue what happened i dont really race my care and iam careful with it...i just cant belive that my clutch burnt at 3k! the dealer is going to make me pay more than a grand to fix this i have no clue what to do! any advice please!

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
I figured you were ^^ just letting a youngster know to politely learn how to drive your car. Si= kind of a expensive car to learn stick on.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
I figured you were ^^ just letting a youngster know to politely learn how to drive your car. Si= kind of a expensive car to learn stick on.
I taught myself stick on my Si... im at 25,000 and the clutch is still just as good as it was on day one when i stalled like 5 times leaving the dealership.

Something tells me theres WAY more to this story than meets the eye

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
a little over a grand is reasonable for a clutch job on our cars. you have to pull pretty much everything short of the motor (including steering rack) just to drop the tranny. i asked my dealership for shits and giggles what a clutch/flywheel would cost and it came out to $2042.17. I ended up having my buddys shop do an exedy stage 1/exedy flywheel for $1000. but yeah ur driving style needs to change asap.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.