8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
09 Civic FD2 K20, AT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads, I require opinions on the following issue I am having with my car. For reference I'm in Malaysia but my 8th Gen FD2 shares the same platform as your 4-door Si with the exception of mine being an AT with an under tuned K20 engine.

About a week ago I decided to spruce up my ride, its around 10 years old and rides kinda harsh. I changed the following parts at one-go along with alignment and balancing:

1. Front Absorbers - KYB
2. Rear Absorbers - KYB
3. Dust boot & bump stops
4. Front Absorber Mountings & Bearings
5. Rear Absorber mounting
6. Rear Stabilizer Link / Sway bay links
7. Rear Stabilizer bar bushes
8. Front stabilizer bar bushes
9. Front LCA - Hardrace
10. Steering Tie Rod ends

The overall ride has improved and steering feel is tighter however I am still getting clunks from the rear when going over imperfections whereas the front end absorbs them rather nicely. It feels like there is something loose however I am unable to pinpoint what it is.
To add to my dilemma, my car is unable to take prolonged bends on the highways at speeds above100km/h where previously this wasnt an issue riding on faulty shocks. I have lost control of my vehicle twice taking corners where the car "skidded" and I had to regain control of it.
Now it feels like its about to loose control and also when driving on straights past 120km/h it doesn't feel as stable as it used to.
Tires are still new FYI.

Help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lads, I require opinions on the following issue I am having with my car. For reference, I'm in Malaysia but my 8th Gen FD2 shares the same platform as your 4-door Si with the exception of mine being an AT with an under-tuned K20 engine.

About a week ago I decided to spruce up my ride, its around 10 years old and rides kinda harsh. I changed the following parts at one-go along with alignment and balancing:

1. Front Absorbers - KYB
2. Rear Absorbers - KYB
3. Dust boot & bump stops
4. Front Absorber Mountings & Bearings
5. Rear Absorber mounting
6. Rear Stabilizer Link / Sway bay links
7. Rear Stabilizer bar bushes
8. Front stabilizer bar bushes
9. Front LCA - Hardrace
10. Steering Tie Rod ends

The overall ride has improved and steering feel is tighter however I am still getting clunks from the rear when going over imperfections whereas the front end absorbs them rather nicely. It feels like there is something loose however I am unable to pinpoint what it is.
To add to my dilemma, my car is unable to take prolonged bends on the highways at speeds above100km/h where previously this wasnt an issue riding on faulty shocks. I have lost control of my vehicle twice taking corners where the car "skidded" and I had to regain control of it.
Now it feels like its about to loose control and also when driving on straights past 120km/h it doesn't feel as stable as it used to.
Tires are still new FYI.

Help!
I have the same problem I did everything that you changed on yours. But, I have a big feeling it is either the Trailing arm Or the rear control arm. I do not know yet I'm going to get check it out to a mechanic because I am frustrated as well.

·
Registered
09 Civic FD2 K20, AT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah man, do let me know what you find out. This Friday I am gonna get mine checked out but am leaning towards the rear control arm as well. Will update as I go along.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah man, do let me know what you find out. This Friday I am gonna get mine checked out but am leaning towards the rear control arm as well. Will update as I go along.
Just let me know as well please I won’t have mine check out until maybe sunday

·
Registered
844 Posts
Mine is clunking too and i'm hinting my right shock which has almost no pressure is causing the issue. I'm replacing them soon anyways but the clunk does get annoying on bumps.

·
Registered
09 Civic FD2 K20, AT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is clunking too and i'm hinting my right shock which has almost no pressure is causing the issue. I'm replacing them soon anyways but the clunk does get annoying on bumps.
Make sure you get the mount changed too while you're at it and get your sway bar links inspected. If they're ripped etc probably a good time to change em.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Make sure you get the mount changed too while you're at it and get your sway bar links inspected. If they're ripped etc probably a good time to change em.
I have a rear Si sway bar coming for my car (thicker and larger than stock) and the rear end links were replaced a couple of months ago. I have polyurethane shock mounts so that's not the problem.

·
Registered
09 Civic FD2 K20, AT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just let me know as well please I won’t have mine check out until maybe sunday
Yo man, so the mech who did it got my car on the lift and proceeded to tighten everything once again. He sprayed some stuff from Wurth as well. He said there was something loose at my boot under the spare so he got everything out and added in a mat of some sort. Then I took the car for alignment and they said the rear alignment and front camber was completely out of sorts so they did that for me and now the car is alright.

I took before and after pics of the alignment for both front and back, lemme know if ya need it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts