8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
yeah well i dont think thats gunna work for me since im out of warranty with 47,000 miles which is ridiculous. and today i went to a different dealership and they said the same stuff. i about to drive my car off a cliff since its been giving me so many problems.

·
Registered
897 Posts
yeah well i dont think thats gunna work for me since im out of warranty with 47,000 miles which is ridiculous. and today i went to a different dealership and they said the same stuff. i about to drive my car off a cliff since its been giving me so many problems.
It's easy to do yourself, hopefully someone can find the link to the DIY where a guy did it with lots of pictures.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Maybe call another dealership until you get a good one?. Hopefully someone in your area will understand your situation.

Try emailing a service manager prior to going in so he knows the situation?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I ended up emailing the head service manager and explained my situation. Basically, "I have used your service dept from day one, I'm a full time student and work full time. I think it would be a nice gesture for you to have a tech look at and re torque my steering box for free and see if that solves the problem. If it does than that's great. If it doesn't I'll pay the labor fee to figure out what the issue is.

He emailed me back, checked and re torqued my steering box bolts and I haven't had the pop/bang noise when turning ever since. That was in July. Goodluck!
Do you have that email?? lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
It's for the manager here in Michigan lol. Google your dealerships service managers and im sure something will pop up. Or go to the dealerships website and click the "contact us" link and it should be there

Good luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
I thought I had my issue solved and I still get this clicking/clunking/popping noise still.

WTF is up with Honda?

Their stuff back in the late 90s was pretty damn reliable and solid, but now??

·
Registered
80 Posts
mines doing the same with 14k miles thanks for this thread. the honda dealer here on guam was just throwing parts at it, i was thinking either this or the bump stop in the strut assy. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah this happens to me all the time whenever i am moving at slow speeds, then apply the brakes. Not necessarily hard, but if i apply them at all they pop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took my car to my local Honda Dealer and brought the Service Bulletin 09-028 with me. after the inspection I was told that I have a bad left axle. I asked if they can just retorque the steering gear box as recommended by the Service Bulletin and they refused to do it even after I offered TO PAY for it. They want to charge me over $800 to replace both axles. this was very disapointing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I have a 2010 civic which has 55,000 miles and is out of warranty and power train warranty. I don't see 2010 on the list is there a tab for 2010?? Also will they charge if you are out of warranty? Thanks.

101 - 120 of 139 Posts