8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Progress rear sway on for about 4 months. I have lubed the ends and tightened the bolts good. I am now getting a clunk sound from the drivers side. It sounds as if something is sliding around in the trunk, but it's empty... Any thoughts

·
Registered
271 Posts
It might be installed upside down...

Take a pic of ur install... The bar should curve away from the body and towards the floor...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
02civicsi said:
Did you tighten all of the bolts while the rear suspension was under load?
this is more than likely the problem. You have to put the jack under the lower control arm, lift it up so it is under load, THEN tighten down the endlinks. I skipped this step and had clucking/popping noises... Then I went back and redid it, and sure enough, problem solved. I'm not sure how I originally missed the step, but it is def important.

·
Registered
206 Posts
CNUco2007 said:
this is more than likely the problem. You have to put the jack under the lower control arm, lift it up so it is under load, THEN tighten down the endlinks. I skipped this step and had clucking/popping noises... Then I went back and redid it, and sure enough, problem solved. I'm not sure how I originally missed the step, but it is def important.
Yep that fixed the clucking/propping on my car.

Salu2.

·
Banned
139 Posts
wow, i've had this EXACT problem for 2 weeks now, and had no idea wtf it was, and now this thread pops up. Dude I love you. Not the way you think tho. I want to have sex with you. (just a joke, don't group me with the *** civic owners)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
lol yea the process for connecting endlinks under load is outlined in the service manual if you have that. when i was hooking it up, i assumed all i had to do was connect them so i didnt flip back to that section.... shame on me.

·
Banned
139 Posts
CNUco2007 said:

I redid this a few minutes ago and now its worse. Im thinking maybe the endlinks should be reversed?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts