8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a beautiful set of wheels for my Civic Si: Buddy Club P1 RS SF 18 x 7.5 in white.

But there are a few problems:

1. The wheel specs are given as:

18 x 7.5 4 x 100.0 +42
18 x 7.5 4 x 114.3 +42

I am guessing that +42 is for the offset. But what are 100.0 and 114.3 for? Sorry but I am VERY NEW to automobiles (i.e. clueless) and I only skimmed thru FAQs on Wheels & Tires at the top of this forum.

2. The aforementioned wheels have only four holes for the bolts. Most rotors that I know have five holes. Does this mean I have to change the rotors as well? If so, what kind/type of rotors would I be looking for?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Duh...nevermind. Silly me, I found out that they do offer these wheels with 5 x 100.0 and 5 x 114.3 configuration. The only question is that I do not know the difference between 110.0 and 114.3. I don't think my manual says anything about these numbers. How would I find out?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, good enough for me. So 5 x 114.3 it is.

Next question (You didn't think I'd stop there, did you? ;) )

I am an avid bicyclist. Whenever I go shopping for high performance bicycle parts, it's easy to tell its mass (or weight, if you prefer, although the two aren't the same). But not so with shopping for high performance aftermarket auto parts. Why is this so? Keeping mass (or weight) down to minimum is crucial in any competitive racing especially when mere tenth of a second lap time can spell the difference between the winner and a loser. So why are these auto parts manufacturers keeping the weight of their products 'secret'? To find out how much these Buddy Club P1 Racing Spec. SF wheels weigh, for instance, it's like pulling teeth to get an answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.