8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after the new year, Saturday, I turned my car on and noticed the date said May 18th, 2002.
today it displays 12:00 January 1st, 2002 as soon as I turned it on.
i tried manually editing the time but it just reverts. Anyone else having such issue? My car is a 2009 Civic Si with Navi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So after the new year, Saturday, I turned my car on and noticed the date said May 18th, 2002.
i tried manually editing the time but it just reverts. Anyone else having such issue? My car is a 2009 Civic Si with Navi.
I have noticed the same thing in our 2006 Civic Hybrid with Navi. Seems to be a software issue from what I have researched that Honda doesn't allow a change after so many years. And from what I have seen there is no plan for an update with the Navi to correct this issue either. Hopefully someone here can help.

·
Super Moderator
2,593 Posts
Yep, noticed this yesterday. When i go to the calendar, it goes to January 2002 and the time stays where when you turned the car off. Going to check the fuses, but that doesn't make sense since the unit gets it's time from GPS.

I've surfed around and noticed Acura TL owners (mid-late 2000s model) are experiencing similar problems. Those threads and problems seem to have started 1 year ago. As crafty48 said, it could be (most likely) the software where it has problems with the date. What a sham, I'm not a programmer but you would think it wouldn't be difficult for the stupid thing to recognize dates YEARS from now. As far as the map updates, correct, the last one is available right now. Get it while you can (I did). After this one, that's it, no more.

I've started looking for a replacement headunits (Android) b/c the factory units are pretty much worthless nowadays. Back in the early 2000s when our NAVs were being developed, who would've thought smart phones would be ubiquitous. Still, this is a problem that shouldn't be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came looking for answers ... I guess I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one having the issue. I did find a USA Today article about owners of early-2000s Pilots and Odysseys having a similar issue some 5 years ago, but no answers there, either. I guess I'll follow the thread and see if anything turns up.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I came looking for answers ... I guess I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one having the issue. I did find a USA Today article about owners of early-2000s Pilots and Odysseys having a similar issue some 5 years ago, but no answers there, either. I guess I'll follow the thread and see if anything turns up.
This problem is everywhere on any Honda model forum with NAVI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same thing happening. Every time I start my car, it goes to 3 o'clock, January 1st 2002. 2011 honda civic exl with navigation. Ugh this sucks! I was freaked out but glad I am not the only one!! Hopefully honda fixes it soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I found a temporary solution for those of us outside of the United States.

Sorry for my bad English, I speak Spanish.

So,
If you disconnect the gps antenna, is possible to set the time manually in the MAP + MENU + CANCEL menu.
However, if you remove the battery, the time and the functions enabled by the GPS antenna will be lost, so the process would have to be repeated.

I have not tested if I lose the GPS functions when the battery is removed, however, I consider that only have to connect the antenna and repeat the process.

It is a temporary solution in case you want to see the beautiful clock again.
Plant Vehicle Automotive design Car Vehicle audio

·
Super Moderator
2,593 Posts
Interesting (or suspicious) that Honda say it will 1) solve itself or 2) will be a service bulletin by June or this summer? Seeing now that it affects a wide range of Honda owners, I now don't doubt Honda will address this, just a question of when and how (cost to us?). Let's see what happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have noticed the same thing in our 2006 Civic Hybrid with Navi. Seems to be a software issue from what I have researched that Honda doesn't allow a change after so many years. And from what I have seen there is no plan for an update with the Navi to correct this issue either. Hopefully someone here can help.
Same thing happened first time I drove the car in 2022, Civic EX 2006. Can't change date and time keeps resetting to 1PM. Help! Date reads Jan 1, 2002.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Happening on all oem nav units. It was not expected to last long. I think a group is making a petition to get it pushed under some sort of recall like there was with paint

·
Registered
2 Posts
Broooo mine just started doing this after new year aswell

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I spoke with Honda and they claim it is a known issue already and sounds like all 2006-2011 Honda’s with Navi are affected by this. Honda stated they have no fix as of today but have their team looking into it to find a potential correction whether that be a software update or recall etc. so any owner if this era of Honda with Navi will be notified when or if they come up with a solution.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So I spoke with Honda and they claim it is a known issue already and sounds like all 2006-2011 Honda’s with Navi are affected by this. Honda stated they have no fix as of today but have their team looking into it to find a potential correction whether that be a software update or recall etc. so any owner if this era of Honda with Navi will be notified when or if they come up with a solution.
Thanks. I posted elsewhere, but my 2007 Civic Hybrid NAVI has the same issue.

It must be the Y2022K bug......(lol)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Happening on all oem nav units. It was not expected to last long. I think a group is making a petition to get it pushed under some sort of recall like there was with paint
Not expected to last long? They said it will fix itself in August 2022. That's 8 months.

To me, that's long.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.