Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea if anyone else has this issue, I couldn't find another thread-

I have a 2006 Si, and I swear the clock built into the radio loses time. I've compared it to my cell phone (which auto-updates), the stove, the microwave, my watch, and my alarm clock. In the last month or so it has lost almost 4 minutes.

This has been an ongoing issue since I purchased my car in july of 2006. I have reset the clock 6 or 7 times that I remember in the last year that I have owned my car.

has ANYONE else experienced this?

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
that's amusing... :) no, I haven't hit anything close to lightspeed. to get something like 5 minutes off you'd have to be going close to a tenth of lightspeed...

so your clocks are faster? what gives? what is the underlying issue?

not quite a tenth of lightspeed. but hella fast!

(EDIT: In order for time dilation to effect my clock as much as I am seeing, I would have to be going somewhere in the neighborhood of 26,981,321.22 meters per second everywhere I go. I know this isn't the case because although I may drive an Si it is still a civic.)

EDIT: there's a paradox in this anyway, but this isn't the thread for it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've only had my car for about a month and a half and my clock is now 2 minutes faster than my cellphone which is synced to my work clock. If I don't have my cellphone on me I think I'm late for work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.