8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - I have a 2008 Civic Coupe EX with only about 2300 miles on it. Since I bought the car, there has been an almost constant clicking sound when my foot is on the gas pedal. It happens as I am driving, and only when my foot is on the gas. It just clicks the whole time, and I have to turn my radio up to drown it out. I took it to the dealership and of course they said they couldn't hear it, but they heard a noise coming from the dash. They said they would have to take apart my dash to see where it is coming from. So of course I told them not to do that, since I know the sound is not coming from the dash. I was not able to leave my car for them to keep looking, so I picked it up and of course it is still clicking.

To make sure it was coming from the gas pedal, I got down on the floorboard with my car off and pressed on the pedal with my hand - the sound happened and kept doing it the whole time my hand was on the pedal. It's almost as if the pedal is loose or something. I am wondering if anyone has heard of this before. Of course, the dealer said there were no alerts in the computer that anything is wrong with the drive by wire system.

The car only has 2300 miles on it, and I have gotten pretty bad gas mileage from the beginning too. I average about 21 in the city and 27 on the highway. It's really frustrating to be having these issues with a brand new car.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi - thanks for your response. I actually did search the forums before I posted because I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. I read that other thread and I understand that the gas pedal clicking when you take your foot off is normal. The issue with my pedal is that it clicks the whole time I have my foot on it, when I am driving. It's a constant clicking sound and I have to turn the radio up to drown it out. I would be really happy if it only happened when I took my foot off the pedal! I drove for two hours the other day and it clicked the whole time.

oh, and I did take it in to Honda and they said they only heard a sound coming from the dash. I think they thought it was coming from the dash, but it's the gas pedal itself. I am going to take it in again when I have free time, but I just thought I would see if anyone else experienced something like this before.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just recently fixed my clicking clutch pedal and it was the master cylinder that needed to be replaced. I dont know how the gas pedal works exactly but mabye there is something along those lines? Just a thought.
P.S. I am no mechanic I just fix my car myself by learning as I go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.