8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I cleared my taillights today, all in all about 30 mins of effort. Instead of going for the chrome bulbs that a lot of people do/did I decided to try and with a tower LED. I also wanted to try something different and go red instead of the traditional amber. Here's a couple pics, opinions? cool? bad? rice?

Here's a very blurry shot of the tower LED, its the SMT Tower I from autolumination.

Here is a before

and after

here is a quick vid, its pretty low res, forgive my camera is was cheap when I got it 2 1/2 years ago :pat:

In direct sunlight, you can hardly see the LEDs on the other hand, you can hardly see the stock lights too.

Here is the best quick video I could come up with... is this too dangerous?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hm..okay. I tried to put the lights in the worst possible position I could think of(with direct sunlight right behind) to see if they would hold up. but as you can see the stock bulbs arent performing well either...

I guess people do drive w/o using their turn signals after all!

Update: So the car is being a pita and making me get load resistors, the LEDs weren't bright enough for my tastes anyways SO...

I'll post in here when I've found lights more to my liking and have load resistors installed with them. I've contacted chris at autolumination to see what we can do about finding brighter lights, I actually wanted brighter than stock...

One the flipside though I also installed super white 9x LED Festoons in my map lights and a red festoon in my dome light, pics later hopefully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.