8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
yup, Alvin, JAZ80 did his. He didn't get pull over. Cops doesn't know even if they saw it. As long as your lights are in "right" colour.

·
Registered
188 Posts
as long as u get the chrome bulb that flashes amber, u will be fine. just becareful with the oven. a bit too hot will cause your headlight to melt. good luck

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
^^^ exacly. You must have a light that is amber when it is on and when it flashes and you must have a reflector that reflects amber... that is all.

same is true for the rear but in red.

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
as long as u get the chrome bulb that flashes amber, u will be fine. just becareful with the oven. a bit too hot will cause your headlight to melt. good luck
:yeahthat: or use a heat gun to be safe. But then the chrome bulb is very dim though, but it looks much nicer.
Dont do what I did with my last set of headlights :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
^^^

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So where can I find a amber light and reflector? Wouldn't that make clearing my headlights pointless? What do they look like

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
here is how the chrome bulb looks

It blends in nicely, but when they are on its a different story.

Looks very dim, looks nice when its off though imo.

If you're interested these are the ones I got
1157 (BAY15d) Chrome Bulb Set - Amber

OR just semi clear it if its not already

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
also LED turn signal bulbs are not a option. they make your lights HYPERFLASH! and you have to but "load resistors" that get incredibly hot. there is no way to get rid of the hyper flash. there is no flasher or relay to replace.

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
also LED turn signal bulbs are not a option. they make your lights HYPERFLASH! and you have to but "load resistors" that get incredibly hot. there is no way to get rid of the hyper flash. there is no flasher or relay to replace.
Keep a bulb in the circuit, it's an actual load, and it doesn't get as hot as a resistor. Go figure.

:dancing:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmmmm...Thanks for the input guys, I might probably just go with HoNgKoNgKoBe's setup once I get the balls/time to do it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts