8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the headlight clearing for our coupe and sedan. Now, I need either clear bulbs that light up amber, or chrome bulbs that light up amber. I've searched around here and went to some of the links and couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm missing something. Can someone send me links to the 4dr replacement lights and the 2dr replacement lights that I'm looking for. I want them to light up amber, but blend in when off. I don't want led lights either. Someone please help me.

Also, what's all this stuff about removing the reflectors being illegal? There are cars that don't have reflectors period, so how is that? I thought they just had to have the turn signals light up amber. ??

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
06blaksi said:
Every car has reflectors...It's a Federal Law.

You're looking for chrome amber bulbs. I got mine here http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm
3156 for the rear and 3157 for the front. About 3/4 of the way down the page

Mine don't have the same bottom that that one does. Mine's round. I can't use wedgetails.

The ep doesn't have the reflectors.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I felt stupid b/c I didn't even pay attention that the coupe had the wedge style. Sorry.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Every car has reflectors...It's a Federal Law.

You're looking for chrome amber bulbs. I got mine here 3157 Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs
3156 for the rear and 3157 for the front. About 3/4 of the way down the page

Hey sorry to bring this thread back from the dead. :hiding: But at least I searched for my question rather than posting a new thread, right? lol

Anyways, I plan on clearing my headlights soon and putting in bulbs that light light up amber but don't look amber, like these chrome ones. ^^^

But I have seen some pictures and heard that these don't light up very bright. Can anybody confirm this? I want my corners as bright as possible so I don't get hassled by the cops for the clear lights. Is there an LED light that can be used plug and play in the stock lights? And if so do I need some sort of resistor to prevent them from flashing like crazy like other LED lights I have seen.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I ordered these off of Amazon for my the signal in my headlights. The illumination is great.

Sylvania 1157A ST BP SilverStar 27-Watt High Performance Signal Light

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Go to this link:

3157 Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs

Look about half way down and take a look at the "the Switchback
3157 Combination Amber and White LED Tower Bulbs"

They stay white while on, and then flash amber for turn signals. Badass IMO.

Also, I don't have reflectors in my lights... should I be concerned? I'm really not. I highly doubt that is something police are looking for, and I still have the OEM bulbs in my cleared turns, and it flashes twice as bright at night.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks for the help guys!

I ordered these off of Amazon for my the signal in my headlights. The illumination is great.

Sylvania 1157A ST BP SilverStar 27-Watt High Performance Signal Light
Amazon.com: Sylvania 1157A ST BP SilverStar 27-Watt High Performance Signal Light: Automotive

These ones? They look pretty slick, do they still light up amber or is it clear light all the time?

Go to this link:

3157 Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs

Look about half way down and take a look at the "the Switchback
3157 Combination Amber and White LED Tower Bulbs"

They stay white while on, and then flash amber for turn signals. Badass IMO.

Also, I don't have reflectors in my lights... should I be concerned? I'm really not. I highly doubt that is something police are looking for, and I still have the OEM bulbs in my cleared turns, and it flashes twice as bright at night.
http://superlumination.com/images/auto_bulbs/3157_48smt_sb_wm.jpg

These ones? That is bad ass if they light up white and still flash amber! My only concern with the LED's is the Hyper Flashing, it is so annoying when I see someones signals flashing 2x faster than they should, makes them seem impatient too me LOL. Plus I think it would annoy me to have the dash light flashing too fast. Do these do that?

Thanks again for the input, i really want something that looks clear inside the housing but flashes amber for turns but I definetly don't want any damn hyper flash! Any other suggestions I should consider?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts