8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experience with this? Was it worth it? Could you tell the difference? I have read a number of online reviews but none for the new civic. Since every audio system is different this is important. Perhaps our car does not need it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installing this might be bad for anything other than a complete speaker replacement. The stock system has been tweaked (frequency slopes and cuts) to both compliment the stock speakers AND protect them right? So if you install a Cleansweep in your stock system and only replace say your front speakers, then the rears (including the stock sub) will now be subjected to the full range of frequencies and power coming from the deck/amp. Something the stock speakers may not be able to handle. So I can see a situation where you might damage the stock speakers at higher volumes. Warranty would probably be out the window as well.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i had this thing book-marked but since we are on this topic...
i had a question about this product, it says it alows for a dvd hookup to a factory system.
So i was wondering if this thing would allow you to watch dvds on the navi screen?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know much about the navi system as I don't have it but I am assuming the cleansweep dvd out would be for an external dvd player.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts