1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just don't use a super high pressure hose and don't aim it directly at parts like the alternator or ECU. If the engine bay couldn't get wet, how would you drive your car in the pouring rain?!

If your engine bay is super dirty, buy some Simple Green, dilute it according to the instructions, douse the engine bay with it and let it soak...then just rinse with some low pressure water from the hose. You can agitate the harder to reach areas with a soft bristle brush. Dry with a microfiber towel and protect and shine the plastic pieces with some 303 Aerospace Protectant.

There's tons of information on these things in the Detailing subforum, just search around.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I didn't watch the videos :giggle: but washing your bay is SUPER easy and really you only need a few things. Brush, some kind of degreaser, water, and plastic dressing of choice.

1. Open hood and spray everything with hose (dont be paranoid you really don't need to cover up anything unless you have open filters. Even then I just avoid mine from being sprayed directly.

2. Spray everything with degreaser and let it set for a quick sec and start scrubbing everything with a brush.

3. Rinse it off and start car for 5 min with hood partially closed to help dry.

4. Open hood and dry any standing water before spraying with dressing of choice.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I like drive the car before I was it, to get the engine in operating temps. It's easier to de-grease when the engine is nice and hot. If it's especially dirty, I'll use GUNK heavy degreaser in the aerosol cans. It works great for just spraying on. If it's not that bad I'll just douse everything with simple green. Then I'll use some protective dressing like meguiars natural shine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Simple Green and a running hose is all you need.
That's how I got mine engine bay like this
Oh and some armourall

·
Registered
35 Posts
o wow i'd love to this to mine ^^^^^

Last time i used simple green it left nothing but a horrible smell in my engine bay and not to mention it didn't really work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts