8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
how do i clean a oiled air filter???
As stated, depends on the filter you purchased.

When you need to clean them, best to purchase their cleansing/recharge kit.

For the K&N it's a few steps, use the degreaser, let it stand to dissolve all the oil, rinse, dry, oil (saturate) done. The K&N recharge kit is good for at least 3-4 cleanings. (pending on how much oil you use for recharging, don't over saturate unless you let it sit on some paper towel for a good hour so it drains properly, otherwise, you get gobs of oil in your air filter)

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
ive cleaned the ingen fitler with the kit that K&N sales, no problems.

Yea, same here. just go to autozone and buy the K&N recharger kit to clean your air filter, just follow the instructions that come with the recharger kit, the kit sell for something like $8 bucks.

·
Registered
838 Posts
how do i clean a oiled air filter???
depending on the manufacture. If using the new AEM filters use thier specific kit. Okay to use the K&N filter cleaner on the older filters that uses the cotton media.

The directions are on the box, and are very specific.

I like submerging the filter in dish detergent prior to spraying the cleaner on there. Let set 10 minute or so, rinse from inside out with low pressure water.

Let air dry completely before applying oil.

When spraying oil, I would spray from outside in, then give the other side a light coat.

let the filter sit out overnight if possible (pop in your old filter if you need to go somewhere).

Recheck filter and reapply oil as needed.

I never have problems or failures on any of our MAS/MAF based vehicles.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
^^^^Would the K&N kit work for the Fujita SRI filter?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
use regular formula 409 to clean it, and the K&N oil afterwards

basically soak it in 409 to get all the oil and dirt out, while constantly pouring water on it to lose the contaminants.

let it air dry in the sun-be patient
dont use a blow gun or you'll damage the cloth, thereby letting dirt go thorugh

once its completely dry, use a light amount of oil

let it soak, re-spray any white spots, and let it sit for a while before reinstalling it-the oil will stick to your maf and set of a CEL

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
i order a cai filter from fujita for 10$$ and shipping but how to clean i dont no

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
^^^^Would the K&N kit work for the Fujita SRI filter?
NOOO DONT DO IT

this is directly from f5air.com (Fujita's website)

Cleaning the air filter is simple and can be done using soapy, lukewarm water, and let air dry. The Super Flow High Performance Air Filter™ contains a synthetic fiber that does not contain any oil.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts