8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You really have to run your hand on the paint to really understand it. Silver paint has the fleck in it which hides the dirt, but also doesn't make it shine like a polished black car. It is better than the pictures show, but here you go.

Take my word. It shines, and it feels like it never has. It's better than the day I bought it.

Take your time and go do it this weekend or whatever. You'll be happy. You'll want to keep opening the door just so you can touch the paint over and over again.

·
ID10T
445 Posts
Nice! Did you wax it after the clay bar? It's amazing how much grit and stuff you can get off the paint. I really need to do my truck, but it would take me forever.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I waxed the car after the clay job. The clay bar looked terrible after it was done. It got so much junk out of the paint.

I'm going to help a guy out here do his jeep soon. He saw my paint, and was amazed, so now I'm going to help assist him. He's got a deep blue jeep with not much shine left, so hopefully we can revive his shine a bit, and get the gunk off.

I'd help you with the truck if you want it. I don't mind doing that kind of stuff. Next time I'm back in that area, let me know.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Love this stuff a teriffic addition to your cleaning and waxing. Super smooth results. I like Mothers it's available everywhere!

·
Registered
67 Posts
now heres my question on this topic. i have an 89 accord and the paint is sooo dull and craplike its not even funny....well maybe a little. anyways, how much of an improvement should i expect to see in the paint, considering it has looked like crap for years. would paying the 30 bucks or so be worth it, or has the paint been in hell for so long that it's not repairable? thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does it still have the clear coat? Is it flaking badly? If the paint is just dull you should be able to bring out the shine. Wash it, clay it, then polish it. Really dead paint might benifit from a high speed buffer but you will need to make sure there is enough paint to do that since buffing removes some paint. Follow up with wax to protect your hard work. If it is severely oxidized and the clear coat is gone I am not sure I would bother. The damage is done.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
like hurricane said - it would depend on if you have any clear coat in your paint left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts