8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but its obvious that people are mad about the poor paint quality on their Civics. I drove my Si 15 miles before it got its first stone chip, down to the metal but about half the size of a pencil eraser.

Is there anything we can do from a legal standpoint?

I'd rather not have to get my hood and front bumper resprayed at my expense because Honda put cars on the market with crap for paint.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
utstu said:
It's not a safety issue.
the odometer was reading incorrectly and there was a class action lawsuit for that.

honeslty, its a great idea, but IMO for teh cost to get everything going and find a good lawyer willing to take on HOA, it will be a long time before anyhting happens, if ever.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
1 year later and I have 984 stone chips to teh metal in my hood :mad:

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
galaxygrey13 said:
Did they win?
i assume your refering to the odometer issue i mentioned...yes they wone.
i think everyone with a 06 or older honda got a warrenty extension of 6% of the mileage driven. so i currently have a warrenty on my car for 38,160 miles, lol.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I'll probably look into a clear bra for this reason.

or just save a lil extra and get a re-paint done if the stone chips get too bad

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think this has the possibility of being a legit case. However it would be hard to find the person to spend the amount of cash necessay and find a lawyer that would do the case.

This kind of reminds what happened with a suit against apple and the ipod nano. Everyone knows how easy the finish scratced on the ipod's. I do know that they won the case, but I don't remember what apple had to do in return. Same kind of case in general.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, how many users are on 8thcivic.com?

How many are ticked off about poor paint quality?

How many of those individuals are willing to kick in 20 bucks for legal fees?

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
thatsnotstock said:
Well, how many users are on 8thcivic.com?

How many are ticked off about poor paint quality?

How many of those individuals are willing to kick in 20 bucks for legal fees?

The site is not used for lawsuits its for information. Please don't ask people for legal fees here.

Thanks. :wavey:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I don't think we have a leg to stand on. On Saturday, I went to a Honda dealership to look at Si's and Accord's. They had 3 2007 G35's. All three were heavily pock marked on the front. At first, I thought that the grille and front end had been sprayed with tar. Upon feeling the surface, I saw that the paint and trim had completely chipped away. All the guys on g35driver. com are in an uproar over the bad quality paint and how easily it chips. Makes the Honda paint look good by comparison.

·
Registered
353 Posts
the ammount of money required to sue a HUGE company like American Honda is outweighed buy the fact that it would cheaper just to get your hood/bumper repainted......

ALL factory paint sucks, Its not a honda problem. If a big enough stone hits the hood- then of course its going to chip! It like dropping your cell phone- If you drop it hard enough, it will chip. are you going to sue NOKIA?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
I don't think we have a leg to stand on. On Saturday, I went to a Honda dealership to look at Si's and Accord's. They had 3 2007 G35's. All three were heavily pock marked on the front. At first, I thought that the grille and front end had been sprayed with tar. Upon feeling the surface, I saw that the paint and trim had completely chipped away. All the guys on g35driver. com are in an uproar over the bad quality paint and how easily it chips. Makes the Honda paint look good by comparison.
i never looked into it, but i always thought the G35 had better paint quality then the Civic. never knew that, thats good to know. :thumb:

i've read so many threads on different situations that have happened to the members and we've all learned its going to happen. we kno the paint sucks yet we love the car. Honda just really crapped out in that aspect.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Not all factory paint sucks like ours. My mom as an 06' 350z bought last January. She has driven it to and from Memphis, to the Smoky Mountaints with my dad, drove to Houston in it once and her front end looks practically new still. I can't find one spot that the paint is chipped all the way down to the black metal. You can just get up close to the paint on her car and tell its much better quality than ours.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts