8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
Im looking to upgrade my head unit this summer.
I have the premium sound EX
I have a subwoofer running off the factory sub with high level input on the amp
all else is stock
I dont want to upgrade speakers or sub or anything like that, it sounds fine
I just want the navi and iPod controlls
I think this is a nice one and from what I see I like it
I know ill need a dash kit and one of these harness adapters is this right?Scosche - Wiring Harness for 2006 Honda Civic Vehicles - HA10B

what else might i need to make this work, Ive never done such a project but think I can handle it
any advice would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
Hey folks,
Im looking to upgrade my head unit this summer.
I have the premium sound EX
I have a subwoofer running off the factory sub with high level input on the amp
all else is stock
I dont want to upgrade speakers or sub or anything like that, it sounds fine
I just want the navi and iPod controlls
I think this is a nice one and from what I see I like it
I know ill need a dash kit and one of these harness adapters is this right?Scosche - Wiring Harness for 2006 Honda Civic Vehicles - HA10B

what else might i need to make this work, Ive never done such a project but think I can handle it
any advice would be appreciated
Well if you are going to buy this unit I would recommend getting it from crutchfield. They will give you all of the needed wiring. Get the OEM dash kit. Don't buy the Scorche. Its a piece of crap. I bought the Scorche and the fitment was terrible and the color did not match the dash. The install is really easy. Just follow one of the DIY installs and you can do it yourself. I installed mine myself with no issues.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have used the NX500, it is a good unit. I am not a huge fan of Clarion units in the past, but If I ever replace the nav I currently have this might just be the one I would go for.

Took me about 5 minutes to figure out how everything worked, very simple unit. Only other unit I would recoment over this would be a Kenwood DNX6160/6960.

Jason

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my main thing is
the clarion is at the top of my budget barley
i really cant opt up for the nicer one
but i dont wanna waste money on crappy off brand units for less
my main desire for this is a nicer navi than my magellen and ipod controls from HU

1 - 6 of 6 Posts