8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I finally made my own account to this forum, nice meetin' ya all. I'm going to start by making this post in asking about a clanking noise I hear whenever I steer hard rights and lefts (mostly makes that noise on rights tho) after lowering my 06 EX 4DR on H&R Sport Springs. Anyone ever had this problem before, I only installed them about a week ago. I thought it had to do something with the springs settling in but I think they should be quite settled by now and they still make that noise. It's quite annoying/scares me a little. I am running on stock shocks. Anyone know what's up/ever had this problem before?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? so I shouldn't worry about it much? cuz my other friends who have their cars dropped don't make that sound either...well, hopefully it disappears in the future and that it's nothing really to worry about...still...hella annoying tho >_<...and thx for the heads up

·
Registered
701 Posts
reminds me of my mazda 3 wen i lowered it on sportlines. made a clunking noise wen i was turning all the way to the ryt. dont no wat it is tho. i traded it in b4i figured it out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, almost everyone huh? did it go away after awhile? if so, then that would be great..just deal with it till it disappears? hopefully it will be like that

·
Registered
11 Posts
its because the springs try to clash from coil to coil when it press down.i've inserted a special rubber hose into the top,upper mid,and at the bottom of the spring.and the noise disappears.

·
Registered
661 Posts
jogzu said:
its because the springs try to clash from coil to coil when it press down.i've inserted a special rubber hose into the top,upper mid,and at the bottom of the spring.and the noise disappears.
mine has that noise with my teins, isnt that these springs have some rubbers inserted?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jogzu said:
finally an answer I'm looking for...thanks, I'll make sure to try that, much appreciated! and yeah as krazyguy187 points out, I was thinking that too with my H&R's...

·
Registered
412 Posts
so what exactly is this rubber hosing you guys are talking about? I lowered my 09 si on skunk2 shocks and skunk2 lowering springs and its also making slight noise (sounds like loose springs)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Yeah, I get creaking if I go over a bump slowly. i've got skunk2 lowering springs. It's normal though. Kind of annoying, but these cars look hella sexy lowered, so i figure it's worth the trade-off.

·
Registered
207 Posts
my car's not lowered, but my buddy has an 09 and has just lowered it on skunk2's. he says he is getting creeking noises too. i'm contemplating on whether or not to lower my ride now since it seems like a common problem.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have the same clanking problem and I'm lowered on Progress springs if that matters but it doesn't seem to be a real problem and I've been lowered for about 15k now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
MIne has the creaking noise too. I'm lowered on H&R. The creaking is the rubber bushings not being greased. I sprayed WD-40 on mine but this is a temporary six month fix. Someone suggested to get some kind of marine type grease and rub it in there. I'm just too lazy to do it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
MIne has the creaking noise too. I'm lowered on H&R. The creaking is the rubber bushings not being greased. I sprayed WD-40 on mine but this is a temporary six month fix. Someone suggested to get some kind of marine type grease and rub it in there. I'm just too lazy to do it.
Im lowered on buddy club N+ RSD and was having a popping noise from the suspension due to buddy clubs measurements being off... fixed that with trail and error and after getting my skunk2 rear camber kit installed starting having severe creaking from the rear going over bumps... turns out the bushings werent greased... oops, like you said, WD40 works for a temp solution, but this stuff is supposidly the best stuff out there for greasing the bushings...

Honda Civic Energy Suspension Bushing Grease at PRO Civic

1 - 20 of 24 Posts