8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2008 Civic si coupe. I'm considering selling it and am seeking advice on price. I know cars are at a premium right now and need opinions. It has
Takeda CAI
P2R Throttle body spacer
Megan shorty header
Berg downpipe and hfc
Invidia q300 exhaust
Tien coilovers
Hardmotion rear lcas
Haspoert motor mounts
Ktuned shift cables w/ spherical bushings
Ktuned clutch master/slave cylinders with steel braided line
Motul dot4 hydralic fluid in clutch and brake system
Hondata flashpro race version
New Exedy clutch with resurfaced oem flywheel.
Car has no issues. Thanks for any advice.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Rim Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Rim Gas Auto part
Automotive tire Bumper Rim Vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
You will get 13k easy and potential 15k for that car. What you have going for you is the attractive items like exhaust, wheels, body kit, springs.

However - the dog also comes with the fleas. You will attract buyers with what you have but also repel many because it has a boy racer vibe and the mods you put on tend to mean the car has been beat on.

If the mods were new brakes, new cooling, new tires, new battery or alternator, new belts and pullies, new plugs and motor mounts that would send a different message. If you all also had the receipts saying the transmission had been serviced and cooling lines flushed, brakes flushed, and new oil would help. That would signify a different message and that mechanical reliability is the priority.

Hope this helps and makes sense but the car will sell pretty easily IMO. It’s all about finding the right buyer. Many young kids want the car the exact way you have it, and they probably would be willing to pay a premium for it!

good luck.

-JE

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will get 13k easy and potential 15k for that car. What you have going for you is the attractive items like exhaust, wheels, body kit, springs.

However - the dog also comes with the fleas. You will attract buyers with what you have but also repel many because it has a boy racer vibe and the mods you put on tend to mean the car has been beat on.

If the mods were new brakes, new cooling, new tires, new battery or alternator, new belts and pullies, new plugs and motor mounts that would send a different message. If you all also had the receipts saying the transmission had been serviced and cooling lines flushed, brakes flushed, and new oil would help. That would signify a different message and that mechanical reliability is the priority.

Hope this helps and makes sense but the car will sell pretty easily IMO. It’s all about finding the right buyer. Many young kids want the car the exact way you have it, and they probably would be willing to pay a premium for it!

good luck.

-JE
Thank you sir. I was an ase certified technician trained by Subaru and worked for a Honda dealership. Every fluid has been replaced. The only track time its seen is laps at Grand Sport Speedway in Houston. I was going for a reliable street, strip, show build with empasis on quality parts while staying reliable. Again thank you for the great reply.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you sir. I was an ase certified technician trained by Subaru and worked for a Honda dealership. Every fluid has been replaced. The only track time its seen is laps at Grand Sport Speedway in Houston. I was going for a reliable street, strip, show build with empasis on quality parts while staying reliable. Again thank you for the great reply.
No problem! Good luck! Ask more then you think you can get. You can always lower it if there aren’t any takers! I’d start around 15k I think!

-JE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts