8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok on a way to a friends house last night, the most unexpected thing happend.

We were following my friend down the street, not to close. We go through a couple lights and as im headed toward the 3rd intersection the light turns yellow, splitting my friend and our car up from each other. As we sit and wait for the light, a civic was heading south and the caddy was waiting to make a left turn(west). As the civic approached the intersection the light turns yellow. The caddy pulls more into the intersection, and all of the sudden it goes. Right before the civic hits, the light turns red,BOOM:eek:hsnap: . The civic hits the rear passanger door of the caddy and the rear end lifts up off the ground and the car pivots about 85 degrees to the left and comes to a rest just about facing west.

The caddy rolls and parks in the curb lane on the west bound side of the road. I wait a few seconds to see if anyone else is gonna jump out and help. There had to have been 50 cars around and atleast 10 saw the actual crash, but no one got out. I put my cape on and jumped out of the car and ran to help. I opened the door of the driver side and I was overwhelmed with the airbag powder. I asked the driver if she was ok then asked the passanger. I then told the passanger to open her door to let the powder out so they could breath a bit better. Then finaly someone else comes to see if they are ok. I ask the other person to walk the two ladies to the side of the street. As they start walking away I hear a belt squeling I walk over to the car and the enigine is still running WOW.

Im glad I own a civic and after seeing that I feel very safe in my car. The only injuries was that of the passangers finger, the nail had lifted up about half way and it was bleeding. Other than that nothing besides the seat belt and air bag bruises. The way these two cars hit and the way the civic looked after the impact you would think that someone would have some broken bones atleast.

The escalade just had a dent and the door and some scratches. The Passangers were a bit shaken but nothing serious at all. Im glad that I didnt have to see anything crazy, but I am happy that this experience happend while I was there cause who knows who would have helped if I wasnt there. Thats Sad.:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
:useless:

you had to see it coming

yeah i never realy cared about safety, but lately im happy the car is as safe as it is

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
All of the new crumple zone technology is doing a great service for us all. I'm sure the Civic looked like it went through a warzone but that means the safety features worked like they were supposed to.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anavrin351 said:
:useless:

you had to see it coming

yeah i never realy cared about safety, but lately im happy the car is as safe as it is
I DID, but I dont have a camera phone and I was kick my self in the butt for not gettin one, or having my digi cam with me. oh well maybe next time.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
yeah, good job on helping out!

it's an interesting story though would have been interesting more so if the caddy rolled over... back to the real world now.... good job!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I think I would rather have broken bones that have my nail torn apart. It hurts like hell and heals too long. FYI they use this technique to torture people. Was that an 8th gen civic?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We really do need more helpful people in this world.
Thanks for the props but im sure all of you would have done the same thing I did. LOL if not for the people then for the 8th civic that had just been murdered by an SUV.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
arisenfury said:
If the cars were switched around this would be a completely different story.

Damn I hate SUVs.
I do to, and in AZ every one has one. They think they own the roads and people drive them like sports cars.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cobra9244 said:
Glad to hear My little BABY is very safe againest side Strike. Sorry about the lady

Yup thats what I was sayin but this was a head on into the side of a escalade. ouch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts