8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Honda Civic Type R unveiled!!

Honda’s Geneva Motor Show Booth: CEO Fukui and Jenson Button to Unveil the New Civic Type R Concept:

Honda Civic Type R -
Automobile Switzerland February 20, 2006
Honda’s Geneva Motor Show Booth: CEO Fukui and Jenson Button to Unveil the New Civic Type R Concept

GENEVA, Switzerland, February 20, 2006 -- Honda Motor Europe Ltd. announced that Takeo Fukui, President and CEO of Honda Motor Co., Ltd., will be at the 76th Geneva Motor Show to address the members of the press on the 28th of February. The climax of this press conference will be the worldwide debut of the Honda Civic Type R Concept, which strongly hints at what the production car will look like when it reaches the market in 2007.

In unveiling the Civic Type R Concept, CEO Fukui will be joined by the Honda Racing F1 Team’s ever-popular driver, Jenson Button. Jenson will be making a brief “pit stop” from his busy pre-season testing schedule to help launch the exciting concept model to the press.

Honda’s press conference is scheduled for 13:45 – 14:00, on February 28, 2006, at the Honda stand (No. 4250), in Hall 4 of the GENEVA PALEXPO site.

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060220GenevaMotorShowBooth/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hope we have people on this site that will be attending it to give us the latest info.
Maybe this was the type-r that john mendell was refuring to. Looks like its not coming to new york.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Coming to the US? Looks like I will have to have and SI and a TYPE R hahaha

Consider one bought if it goes to the US!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I dont care much for the head lights but other than that the car looks good

Not too long ago people were calling that the new CRX so its going to be interesting to see what the CRX is acutally going to look like.

This is all good and well but if its going to have the same powerplant as an SI I really fail to see the advantage of buying one unless its going to be crazy light and have some absolutely nuts suspension features. But having said that if you owned one would you keep the factory suspension or throw it out for lowering springs or coil overs. I guess if it was cheaper than an SI I could see it but I seriously doubt that would happen. So I guess you would be buying one for bragging rights.

I'm not slagging it I think its great that we are finally seeing some real japanese speed machines over here and its about time. On the other hand if its going to be some redicilious price and not perform all that much better is it really worth it?

just my $0.02

1 - 20 of 23 Posts