8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
My friends I have done some calculations as well. This car weighs 500 kg which converts to 1103 pounds. Now with 300 bhp each horse only has to push 3.7 lbs!!! Now for comparison each horse in your Si has to push 14.6 lbs. Also for comparison the each horse in the new Corvette Z06 has to push 6.3 lbs. :SHOCKED: :thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
This thing was featured on the show Top Gear. Amazingly on the track it outran a Honda 600RR bike by a good 2 seconds. When they put it up to a time trial against other cars I believe it came in third...right behind the Porche GT3 I think. So yeah, that just gives you an idea on how fast this thing is....

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My friends I have done some calculations as well. This car weighs 500 kg which converts to 1103 pounds. Now with 300 bhp each horse only has to push 3.7 lbs!!! Now for comparison each horse in your Si has to push 14.6 lbs. Also for comparison the each horse in the new Corvette Z06 has to push 6.3 lbs. :SHOCKED: :thumb:

That's amazing!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
that is straight bad ass! We use to have go carts with 500cc 2 stroke motors and those flew. maybe faster then that off the line but max speed at right before 100. so alot lower gears but still. this one is actually legal to drive! i think they should make something like that with a 1300 hyabusa motor.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
OneSi said:
that is straight bad ass! We use to have go carts with 500cc 2 stroke motors and those flew. maybe faster then that off the line but max speed at right before 100. so alot lower gears but still. this one is actually legal to drive! i think they should make something like that with a 1300 hyabusa motor.
I was actually about to do that project with a friend... AWD except with an 600 motor...

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
8thgenuser said:
You can buy one at http://www.arielatom.com. A little company called Brammo out of Oregon will custom make one for you. They aren't street legal in the US, but you can take it to the track!
Some guy in Florida had one...

True Story...

One of the guy's with an Si walked up to him as he was filling the tank at the gas station and asked him how he liked the Atom. The man said "don't hurt me, I don't have any money." :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts