8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Were any of you guys, with a black or dark charcoal Civic SI, road racing this morning on Southern State Parkway against an orange PT Cruiser, going eastbound by RT 110?
I'm just curious what the SI had under the hood.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If is the turbo one there is a good chance that the civic was not a real challenger. :bunny:
Yes is a PT GT and has an estimated 280-300hp at the engine right now. I estimated that, because I tied a 300hp BMW 335i from 40-100 mph with current mods and tie to a new 275hp Sonata 2.0 turbo, before I put the 3" full turbo back exhaust and Diablo Sport 93 octane tune.
I killed a few SI and VW GTIs pretty easily before, but this one was a lot harder, so that's why I wanted to find out what it had under the hood...
I should have followed him to find out, because he looked like a cool guy...He even gave me his thumbs up!!!, which is very unusual...most of the drivers just get too pissed when the lose to a Pt Cruiser.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lmaooo nice! Sleeper
Exactly!!! but the SI took me by surprise, because I never expected it to be that fast!!!
Still trying to figure this out: what can you do to an SI to make it that fast? a turbo?...it didn't sound like it had a turbo ( no bov )... so probably is all engine? maybe a chip or custom tunning? but can you get that much power from a N/A SI?

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
I'm beating stock turbocharged slobalts, ms3, with fully bolt on mods pushing 220whp. The extra rpm range helps a lot against those rides that only go up to what, 7000rpms?

·
Banned
10,067 Posts
quick story for you guys.

be boosted(me) i had a cat on the car still, no gauges... around 300whp off wastegate ~6 psi

driving on highway with girlfriend, come up to a purple pt cruiser.

we race, he actually pulls the same with me, almost faster.... my car was barely keeping up..... :wtfgasp: the pt was dumping black smoke like a deisel truck.

person driving? an old man, with a big grey beard... wearing a tie die shirt.....(probably had a fanny pack)

he was laughing his ass of, just looking over at me, laughing and laughing, i was pissed.

moral of the story, dont mess with a pt loser

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
My friend had a cruiser gt. It pulled nice but wasnt that great. Maybe becauae it was automatic turbo. Juat didnt have that "put my ass in the chair" feel. He had a 3" intake on his stock turbo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Engine:

Exhaust, downpipe and O2 housing:

And some videos, before I started to remove all the chrome:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts