8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Civic Si tested in Road and Track

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  justin21 
I'm actually gonna go right now to a local store and check out the mag.

"0-60 is 6.8 with a 15.1 @ 94.6 quarter. Curb weight, which R/T weighs with full tank, was 2880 lbs. Interesting to note that R/T does not weather-correct and they tested on an 82 degree day...

One of the editors said, "This car makes me not hate front wheel drive.."

Skidpad was .85g, kinda disappointing considering this was on the optional Exaltos. Brakes were touchy on initial application. And the seats, which look to be heavily bolstered, were of only "good" lateral support."

well here is my take on this.. Wait until car and driver release their review. I've found them to be the best drivers :driving: no joke, they hit the craziest numbers. And, the more recent the review, the higher the trap speed i've noticed. No doubt in my mind that the new SI can hit 14.9 stock. Plus, wait until the seals get set and what not, after the intitial break period and the engine is nice and cozy. then you'll see some better numbers.

the skidpad and seats..well skidpad can say all it wants, i've seen slalom speeds that tend to argue the SI can hold its own! And the seats, i honestly think they will do fine. I haven't sat in them yet, but they look quite similiar to the recaro's my brother had in his 91' gli.

alright well i'm off!

---Colin-

Did anyone else read the article? I stopped by albertsons on my way to class earlier today and checked it out. Actually, it was a pretty good issue of rt.

"Brakes were touchy on initial application. And the seats, which look to be heavily bolstered, were of only "good" lateral support."

:rolleyes: aint exactly %100 correct. The seats were called "excellent" in their mention. and the brakes, although commented on a couple times, got very good to excellent in the specs category.

I know the car is good, but then again i know i'm not getting a ferrari either. For what it is competing with, i strongly believe it is the best (or else i wouldn't be getting it :D ) While it isn't the fastest, overall it delivers the most. bottom line..It is the top sub $20k car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.