8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pickup a daily driver soon. I have an Integra that draws as much heat if not more than an itr that I can no longer daily drive it.

What's the theft potential of a civic si sedan? it will remain stock aside from springs, tint and wheel locks. Is it about the same as a TSX? or RSX? Better, worse?

I want to be able to leave it at a movie theatre and generally not worry about it not being there when I come back, like at Colossus in york region or a mall like Yorkdale.

Other cars I'm considering is an LX sedan and Fit Sport, both in manual. The current lease rates are so good on Civics it's hard not to consider an Si.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
What's so special about you Teg? I've always loved them. My neighbour has one for sale I might get as a beater/project car.

I've read about a few being stolen in the US, but I have never heard about one being lost here.

And I don't think the lower finance/lease rates apply to the Si.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
It doesn't matter what you drive and what precautions you take, If somebody wants your **** that badly, they'll find a way to get it. There's no point in losing sleep at night.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
last time i checked, the integra is no longer on the top stolen cars in canada. unfortunately that's the risk that comes with any mod rides, if they want it, they can get it no matter how safe u r.

the si sedan isn't going to get stolen, there r plenty of si around GTA. if u r that paranoid, u can always get a LX or a camry / corolla, lol

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've read about a few being stolen in the US, but I have never heard about one being lost here.
the si sedan isn't going to get stolen, there r plenty of si around GTA.
Nothing is absolute, but the impression I'm getting is owning an Si around here is that there's nothing to really worry about. If it gets stolen, that's what insurance is for.

Thanks people.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
^it's a gsr with j-spec itr nose, nice suspension, authentic wheels and a bunch of other things and more to come. I'm selective as to where I drive it, which is seldom. I don't even drive it to the acura/honda dealer when I need to buy parts because of fear of getting it marked. I get off the highway an exit before I should and take sidestreets home, constantly checking my mirrors. I'm that paranoid. I've dumped too much money into it to loose it to theft, but I must be doing something right because in the 8 years I've had it, only 1 attempted theft.
Wow! :eek: I think its less what you're doing right and more that no one's after it anymore than any other nice sports compact :chill:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
lol, u can only be paranoid with ur car to a certain degree. else u will end up having it in the garage 24/7 cuz u r too scared to drive it due to theft, stone chips, bird poo, and so on...

·
Registered
619 Posts
okay everyone.. backoff the paranoid guy.. because..
HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO BE PARANOID!
Colossus.. i think is #1 place to park if your car is gonna get stolen..
I went in to watch CHICKEN LITTLE.. yes CHICKEN LITTLE 3D and 1.5 hours later.. I come out.. hey I think my car is gone.. I was DIRECTLY infront of the theater doors!.. but then 1 week later they announced #1 stolen car in north america was my 2000 civic SIR :(
his integra.. is likely to be stolen... but dude... even RSXs aren't common to steal..

2 things about theift
#1 if someone wants to steal your car.. break in to your house.. kill you... THEY'LL FIND A WAY TO DO IT.. so in regards to a car.. they'll probably towe it...

#2 the RSX 02 - 04 is commonly stolen because they can jsut swap in a hondata ECU and drive out.. but the 05+ RSX or any civics don't really have an easy way to get stolen..

SI sedan would be nice.. but don't forget .. next year a lot of HOT HOT cars are coming out..

·
Registered
937 Posts
If its a clean gsr that looks like an ITR people will mistake for ITR and jack his Shiet..ITR's get jacked all day in socal

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Unless the thieves have your extra set of keys or a tow truck, they wont be stealing your car (I'm talking about an 06+ Civic) :thumb:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
back in the dc2 days every integra was game because we could put every part into our EG/EK hatches. the seats, dashboard, sir cluster, sir frontends, sir wheels, gsr blades, itr wheels, itr brake conversions, gsr brakes, 94-95 obd1 ecus, etc... i could go on and on. the integra was the perfect donor car to build our b18c1/c5 hatches. even integra owners were placing stolen integra parts on their rides! (ie. 99+ all red tails).

today's climate has changed. with the immobolizer, most amature thieves won't attempt to lift the si for the motor. the rsx is probably a better target with an ecu friendly to kpro.... which is what most hatch builders are doing besides the k24 conversion.

·
Registered
619 Posts
back in the dc2 days every integra was game because we could put every part into our EG/EK hatches. the seats, dashboard, sir cluster, sir frontends, sir wheels, gsr blades, itr wheels, itr brake conversions, gsr brakes, 94-95 obd1 ecus, etc... i could go on and on. the integra was the perfect donor car to build our b18c1/c5 hatches. even integra owners were placing stolen integra parts on their rides! (ie. 99+ all red tails).

today's climate has changed. with the immobolizer, most amature thieves won't attempt to lift the si for the motor. the rsx is probably a better target with an ecu friendly to kpro.... which is what most hatch builders are doing besides the k24 conversion.

which is why I'm saying don't worry because there is no Kpro for SI

1 - 20 of 34 Posts