8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha I live in Illinois and it get's pretty slippery here during winter season. I only driven cars with VSA so not sure what it will be like without it

·
Registered
231 Posts
many people turn it off anyway.
just don't drive too crazy when the driving condition isn't so good. Actually that goes to vehicles with VSA too..

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
^^ well said. I have an 06' and i didn't have any issue during the winter. (new all season tires) Story:

One night I was driving home from snowboarding, during a winter snow storm (best time to do it). And there was a charter bus in front of me and we both went into the unplowed snow covered lane. He did a, what i rated, a 4 out of 10 slide. I just worked my way back onto the plowed lane no problem.

Keep the rpm's low and a light foot. Just be smart and let those four wheel drive idiots pass you. Knowing you will see them down the road stuck if not broken down.

Note: 1= wimpy slide(only a slight slide), 10= OMG how did you pull that off (you can say a full turn around)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the thing is I have cash for an 06 civic si with a super charger in it (OMGGGG) (look on the for sale website or a stock 08 civic si sedan.

I have heard from a couple of friends that VSA had really saved their lives...

·
Registered
424 Posts
i feel that it actually hinders my ability to drive properly. i usually turn it off in the snow because id rather have full control of what im doing but thats me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
You're worried about being able to control the car in the snow without electronic aids yet you think you can handle a supercharged Si?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I have heard from a couple of friends that VSA had really saved their lives...
If VSA really saved anyone's life then they were driving like an idiot in the first place. It's not that crucial to your safety like ABS would be. Be glad you don't have it. I turn mine off just about every time I drive.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
hehe maybe im just being a bit silly
:yeahthat:

Has any car you've had up to this point had VSA? If the answer is no, then you've probably just overcomplicated the issue inside your head. I'm by no means a Michael Shumacher-esque driver. I have an 06 Si and have never had any issues at all where I felt like VSA could have completely changed a particular situation. Just keep in mind that there are PLENTY of snowboarding Subaru owners who have wrecked their cars in weather conditions where the AWD system should make it "superior".

If it were me, I'd get the 06 Si with the sc (depending on mileage and the current owner). :fistpump:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha its actually on the FS board its the 06 civic SI

I just called honda and i found out that the 06 actually has a VSA similar, however its just called ESA. And I called Honda corporate too :). Apparently they are changing all the names on the 2010 models too to have the 'VSA' name standard world wide.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts