8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Incase you were wondering what this part of your car is called, it's called the window sash. As these cars get older I'm sure I won't be the only person with rusting sashes although I've never seen a car with rust on the sash as bad as mine.

I had planned on painting these because I figured they were part of the door and would be next to impossible and expensive to replace. It turns out they are very cheap even by Canadian part prices. I only paid $30 for each side.

The parts you will need are:
72731-SNA-A01 SASH, R. RR. DOOR QUARTER
72771-SNA-A01 SASH, L. RR. DOOR QUARTER

If you're not replacing both sides pay attention to what part you order and don't be alarmed when you receive the part, they are about twice as long as they look because only half of it is exposed the other half is inside the door.

I haven't done this repair yet, I planned to do it today but it snowed so I'm stuck inside so I'll tell you my plan of attack.

You have to remove the door panel, there are plenty of threads on this, it shouldn't be too hard.

This is a tinting video on a Honda Accord, they remove the rear quarter glass and it seems to have the same setup as the Civic.

I hope this goes as smoothly as I think it will tomorrow!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got around to replacing my sash today. It was surprisingly a lot easier than expected.

I removed the door panel by removing the screw under the window control and under the door handle. I broke the clip that was also under the handle but it doesn't seem to effect anything. I lifted up and pulled on the door panel and it came off no problem. I didn't bother disconnecting the handle, I just let the panel hang.

The bolt you're looking is a 10mm and it's located under a rubber grommet that holds the plastic splash shield to the door pop that off and the bold is underneath. Unbolt it and then pull the door seal back exposing the Phillips head screw underneath. Unscrew that and and pull the weather stripping back around the window starting at the corner around the sash you're placing. Once you have it back enough pull the sash out through the outside of the window frame.and pull off the rest of the weather stripping and the install process is basically doing what you just did in reverse. It took me all of 20 minutes to complete. Here's what the old sash looked like.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
i need to do the same on my car. i have rust but it seems to be on the door itself not just the sash, right under where the door visors go

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Oh man, I was about to fix the rust on my window sash, but now if I know I can just replace the whole part, I will do that instead. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've been looking for this for years! I'll probably just replace both because i'm sure the other side will start soon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
kril89
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing