8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
audio & civic sedan dx-a

- does the cd player also play dvd with mp3?

- are the 160w speakers powerful enough? what other options should I consider for a better quality sound?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mito, the cd player will not play DVD MP3.
the 160W audio system is decent but not the best (even the Si System is not the best)..after all, its still a factory system.
Did you get your car yet?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
picking it up tomorrow...

what speakers do you suggest? how much should I expect to spend to have something decent?

thanks.....:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
It's not only the speakers. It's the radio too that would need replacement if you are not satisfied with it. I have had the car for 6 months and I can't complain about the quality of the sound.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
i can tell you that the stereo is either good, or bad depending on how you listen to your music and how picky you are.
some people wont notice the difference between a high end amp and component playing vs a 8 watt factory honda system. if your one of those people then save your cash.

For me i went with all alpine, 2 amps under the front seats, fits perfect, along with a alpine head unit and type s. for componants i went focal however .

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Civic DX 160 Watt radio is actually pretty decent compared with alot of other cars I've driven recently. Compared with the Nissan Sentra, Toyota Corolla and Mazda 3 stock radios, I think the Civic's factory radio is much better. Although its not as good as an aftermarket stereo, I find it plays the highs,mids, and lows alot clearer than most other factory stereos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.