8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda is holding "Preview Parties" in cities such as Boston, San Francisco, New Jersey, DC, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and Orlando. The one in Boston is taking place tommorrow evening.

Here are some spy pics from a preview party:

The taillights are not leds, but the bulb through the taillight looks similar to led

The sedan looks hella better than i thought it would.

And the blue on the si looks better than i thought it would.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I cant see the speedometer..

I'm guessing it will be digital

Here are reports from people that attended the preview party in L.A.

Head lights, hood and front fenders are the same between sedan and coupe and Si had fog light cut outs.

Si has 17" wheels, and EX has 16"

Si has a nice throaty exhaust note when started.

Hybrid has mirror turn signal indicators, but no moonroof.

Tach lights up like the RL and Ody speedos from the center out. The sedan lights up blue and the Si is red.

Moonroof switch appeared to be on the roof.

Parking brake is oddly shaped and is left of the shifter.

-Auto trans had no sport shift. Si shifter is really short and the knob is the same as the TSX.

Huge 3" integrated key. It did not appear to have the auto power window feature though.

Cloth fabric looks nicer than before, except the sedan have a different material on the sides of the seats.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was there lastnight! Dont forget to mention the Navigation, with what seemed to have voice recognition, 4 wheel discs, 2.0 engine (exact specs are unknown), Big Digital Speedometer high above in the dash I loved the car!

Nice pics I tried taking some but they stopped me! I tried taking some without the flash but did not look good!

·
Banned
92 Posts
is the 1st pic from the sedan??? if u look in the lower right hand corner, u notice red stitching in what appears to be the seat....

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think the first pic is of the SI hence the three spoke steering wheel. The sedan and reg coupe will have the two spoke steering wheel, i think

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kadenx said:
I think the first pic is of the SI hence the three spoke steering wheel. The sedan and reg coupe will have the two spoke steering wheel, i think
thats correct. the first pic is the interior of the si. aside from the steering wheel, the si tachometer also lights up red, while the sedan and coupes light up blue.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alpinecivic said:
I was there lastnight! Dont forget to mention the Navigation, with what seemed to have voice recognition, 4 wheel discs, 2.0 engine (exact specs are unknown), Big Digital Speedometer high above in the dash I loved the car!

Nice pics I tried taking some but they stopped me! I tried taking some without the flash but did not look good!
i guessed it would have a digital speedometer, because i didnt see one, all i saw was one big tach in the middle. audio controls seem to be on the steering wheel of the si. man im glad i waited for this car :D :D :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sweet!

Awesome pics Ever12! I just noticed the red stitching on the seats too as albundy pointed out. But the wheel itself did not have the red stitching... :( That makes me sad.

Did the wheel look more black in person? It looks too light of a grey to me.

I noticed that the gauge cluster appears pretty small... Well, there's plenty of room beside it to mount things. :D

I want to see how that steering wheel comes apart...
Love the double DIN part where it looks like a navigation system is mounted... I think I can make use of it... :D

I like the Euro dash a tad better but I think I can like this too. I wish the whole console where the shifter is can be swapped with the Euro's.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scourge said:
Awesome pics Ever12! I just noticed the red stitching on the seats too as albundy pointed out. But the wheel itself did not have the red stitching... :( That makes me sad.

Did the wheel look more black in person? It looks too light of a grey to me.

I noticed that the gauge cluster appears pretty small... Well, there's plenty of room beside it to mount things. :D

I want to see how that steering wheel comes apart...
Love the double DIN part where it looks like a navigation system is mounted... I think I can make use of it... :D

I like the Euro dash a tad better but I think I can like this too. I wish the whole console where the shifter is can be swapped with the Euro's.
i didnt go myself i got these pics from someone that went :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank you :D

i was going to get it in black but that blue is looking goodd. its similar to the electron blue available on the '00 si

1 - 20 of 24 Posts