8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
what are you talking about?
the csx has the K20 with 152 HP, and its not that great of a motor.
and as for the 198 vs 197 is most likly just a different way of testing

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
lol..you got jipped?we have been dying for the CTR over here since it's conception and were it not for the economy I'm sure most people would buy one if it was offered.

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
what are you talking about?
the csx has the K20 with 152 HP, and its not that great of a motor.
and as for the 198 vs 197 is most likly just a different way of testing

the K20Z4 is in the Euro civic type R, it has a slightly different vtec engage point, but it isn't anything like the civic type R motor that's found in the JDM R. The USDM Civic Si should, by all accounts, give the Euro-R a run for its money.

the CSX K20 is a lot like the K20 from the base RSX...

If I'm reading the original post right, it looks like Australia only got a tuned-down K20 and the R18. they didn't get the K20Z3 out of the Si, the K20Z4 out of the Euro-R, OR the K20A2 out of the JDM-R.

Power and civic shouldn't be used in the same sentence period.

200 horsepower, naturally-aspirated, out of a 2.0L is never anything to scoff at. It's a reliable economy car, let's not have any lies here- but that doesn't mean that 1) It isn't lively and 2) it isn't producing some amount of power. perhaps torque (gobs of it) and civic shouldn't be in the same sentence.

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
:yeahthat:

Our K20's are lame.. from what i remember they're K20Z2's

I think i'm going back to skylines :p

Are you guys allowed to have 180sx's and Silvias there?
and since you're not allowed skylines... are there any illegal ones flying around?

in the Australian Touring Car Championship got changed from that to the V8 supercar championship series... because the skyline came in and wone with in I6... the australians weren't too happy so they changed the rules
we are allowed to have just about any car except the skylines(the exception I think is the R33 because it could pass our regs)There are a bunch that got here legally back when a company that will remqain unamed was legally importing them but that company had problems and went under.

·
Registered
349 Posts
there aren't going to be many 8thgens putting down 600hp, period, turboed/blown/stroked. That's a lot of power by almost any measure, really.

on the contrary...if you check out youtube...I recall seeing an 8th gen, fg2 somewhere in fl pushing anywhere from 452 - 550 hp?!?!?!?!?! not exactly 600, but really close! If I find the link, i'll post it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts