8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have another way of dealing with the highway racer/ricer types. I work an extra job at a club and drive home through my division at 330am. I'll set the cruise and wait....never fails that some dumba$$ wants to race...they pull up, rev and take off on the freeway...i just reach up to my shoulder mic and transmit the vehicle description/direction of travel.....there's always a first watch patrol element/dwi squad working the freeway so their need to race just cost them multiple traffic citations and in some cases dwi's and other arrests. I really love the look on their face when I pull along the patrol element til their cover element arrives.

·
Banned
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
youre not too bright are you buddy i would rather put the car in neutral and use the brakes then use the engine as a brake. brakes are alot less expensive to replace than your transmission, everytime you do that youre putting alot of strain on your car.
:yeahthat: I don't worry about engine braking stressing my transmission, but at 7000k you def are. Waste of gas, which will cost more than brakes overtime as well. And ayodog, why the hell would you want someone to rear-end you? Do you have a death wish? Do you think someone rear-ending your car will actually total it? Just gonna waste your time, and when it comes to the value nobody will give you chit when you decide to sell or trade it in after repair. Hope you don't have mods because you won't get paid off those either.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have exhaust on my Si, but I don't drive like a bonehead and I honestly very rarely have anyone do the rev bs to me. I generally just don't acknowledge anyone who seems like that type when I pull up to a light beside them... usually they get the point.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,973 Posts
I'm sure john-doe ricer in his 89 4 cyl accord with exhaust has no fear...(

A guy JUST like that tailgated the hell out of me yesterday. I laughed my ass of, when he whipped around me, and sped off .

·
Registered
227 Posts
I get revved at by rusted out V8 pickup trucks daily. I would race them but frankly its not worth the gas and I dont want them getting pissed when I dust them and have them spit tobacky on my finish.

I forkin hate northern NY.

·
Registered
687 Posts
i get this all time as well, especially from older 2.5 imprezas....but i get it from anything hondas,Toyotas,Subbys.... pontiac(vibes...) probably the funniest one was a mitsu lancer... 08....Mature driving FTW, if you think its hondas think again. that not even the case, that like saying all Asian people are rich(usually is true though).
lOl man im not rich!!! but yeah no one rev's at me :/ I think it has mainly to do with the color of the car too. when i drove a blue/black/red car lOl many repaints i always get rev'd at but now i drive a white one and everyone seems to just brake or go two lanes away from me

141 - 160 of 163 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.