8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
61 - 80 of 163 Posts

· CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,973 Posts
Well lets hope so. Your engine is over twice as big, but you probably use twice as much fuel. Like picking a fight with the big show
You mean kinda like you're doing with Civics?:popcorn:

· Banned
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I don't ever rev at other cars, nor have I had any rev at me. I hate to break it to you Emopains, and hope that this statement doesn't start a cutting binge, but your STI isn't exactly the most powerful car on the road either. IS it more powersul than mine? Sure, so are a lot of other cars out there.

I don't really get the point of this thread. You act as if you have a V10 under your hood, and that it's absolutely imposible for any Civic to beat your car. I'm willing to bet good money there are more than a few people on the 8th that could own your Sti...on the track of course.
Oh yeah, wouldn't doubt it. I'm all stock, and no you don't see me trying to mash on a farrari... I wouldn't mind pulling up to an evo to see what he's got though.

· Banned
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Ha ha. STi owners think that everybody is in awe of their car. In reality, it is just the ugly bookshelf wing on the back that draws attention. :eek:mg:
I don't have a bookshelf wing. Look at my album. Besides I only awe at it because of the sound of my motor/exhaust setup. That's why I traded my si in. I'm not gonna ditch you guys just because I have an sti

· Registered
4,100 Posts
Not really, it was a close race. I'd like to see best 2 of 3. I bet the GT-R would take it.
How was that a close race, The viper acr killed it off the line and put 2 car lengths on the gt-r almost instantly off the line.

How is a stock GT-R going to take a stock 09 Viper ACR with 600 hp 550 tq. The ACR already handed the GT-R its ass on the Nur. Ring. 1/4 mile is no different.

· Registered
1,890 Posts
I like attention and racing from time to time. The point is that most civics, especially the ones with fart cans on em that rev their engine or try to race are really annoying. Stis arent the fastest or best cars out their....no ****....but very few civics can keep up with one. I trade my 07 si sedan for my current car and its like comparing a moped to a ninja

· Registered
10,258 Posts
Well, you could say that about most cars. There's always going to be a lower (slower) model that rev's at a higher (faster) model to try to prove they're superior. All smallpenis's. I personally get revv'd at by other, older, non-Si civics too... (and neons, cavaliers, integras, probes, del sols, grand ams.... on and on) but I don't ***** about it. I think it's funny. Every now and then I'll blip them one back and watch them peel out of the light...

:cheerleader:

· Registered
8,767 Posts
I feel bad too. I wish I never bought the si and went straight to the sti. Would have had a lot more fun
it's a give and a take... if you want an ugly, expensive, but fast car then that's your choice to buy the sti (the new ones)... many of us si owners bought it not just for the speed, but for most of us, it's a dd that needs to be reliable and economic.

to stay on topic... most people who make these threads about "i wish these people would stop revving at me since they know i have a better car" are either insecure or attention whores...

· Registered
17,663 Posts
Ive found that if Im just cruising along at any speed between 65-75 on the highway nobody 'messes with me'

I did have a 91-93 accord w/ 2 high-school aged kids trying to f-ck with me once. It was funny.... because I drove a 91 accord in HS and did the same ****.

... it made me sad to know how stupid I mustve looked.

· Registered
6,542 Posts
I can't take it anymore. Everytime I stop I always find someone starring at me. Some ppl like the attention, but I just wanna be left alone.
Also, to the si owners. Please stop revving your vtec at superior cars that will merk ya. I do like to race and has cost me a few speeding tickets... I can't take the temptation.

Does this happen to anyone else?
It's a 4 cylinder, and to tell you the truth I average about the same mpg as I did with my si when I'm not boost happy
Well, I guess then me and you would have to rev at eachother. Your 2.0 Turbo'd AWD(launch advantage) vs. my 2.0 Turbo'd FWD (weight advantage:thumb:)

I've gone against 3 WRX's and One Sti since I've been boosted. They all beat me in the 60ft, was even at
the 1/8th, and I won at the end every time with a significant margin (the Sti was only by about half a car)

I have a problem with these cars always reving at me. Why do they rev at a superior car?
YouTube - STRAIGHT PIPE STi rev

I mean seriously... I enjoy tickets for exhibition of speed but i destroy these in a block...sigh when will they learn?
ignorance. Bottom line, people can't tell a stock GTO vs a Heavily Modded one. Hell, I tried a stock GTO(on the dragway), kept up, and actually left him while merging "safely" onto the freeway on the way home.

61 - 80 of 163 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.