8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to take in my 07 Civic for service B2? (I believe its B2). I could have sworn there was a sticky post somewhere around here with the Maintenance Service Fees and Schedule. I'm trying to figure out how much the dealership will get me for this time.

I've searched with no success, could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
you wont know what b2 means cause the techs are trained to know that but dont go by it really. every other oil change rotate your tires for the best life span on them. 30k is a scheduled major service which is around 300$. check with your dealership.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I think if you look in your owners manual it will say somethink in the abput it. There is a letter by the oil % that tells you what you need to check or change. I think you will be looking at 150~250 or maybe more if you take it to a dealer.

·
Registered
921 Posts
im coming up on 30k miles on my car and will probably get my maintenance check not to long from now. if i bring my car to the dealership with HID's and a new intake, will they give me crap about my warranty? not that i care i just want to make sure they will do the maintenance correctly and not rip me off.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
No, they won't give you crap about anything. The only time they can legally void your warranty on a specific part is if they can prove the aftermarket part is what caused the damage to the part in question. As far as maintenance, they tell you what the codes mean in the owner's manual in the maintenance section. If you have a question about what services you need, it's in the book. The thing that peeves me is when I had my Nissan, it actually came with a scheduled maintenance book so you can see what needed to be done everytime it was brought in, and they were supposed to fill it out. Ours just give a vague brief description what the codes mean and there's no checklist so you really don't know what you are being charged for until they flip the bill.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
The problem with doing it yourself is that the dealer can void your warranty because you haven't brought the car in. So in that case, you better hope nothing breaks within the first 3 years of owning your car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I took mine in for a B service recently @ ~40,000km and I do my as much of my own maintenance as I can. They recommended I just request a brake check/service rather than the B service. You can find the schedule on honda dealership websites.

Also, I tell them to call me before replacing anything - that way if rotors/pads need replacing I can get upgraded parts once and replace the work OEM parts myself. I figure I could check it myself, but I'd rather have Honda keep some kind of record of my services :p

* Make sure they know you've changed the oil, spelling it in plain simple english. I didn't explain it simple enough and they changed it (with semi-syn at that, arg) & charged me even though I clearly just reset the maint. minder. Now there's a note on my file to never change my oil.:readtherules:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
The problem with doing it yourself is that the dealer can void your warranty because you haven't brought the car in. So in that case, you better hope nothing breaks within the first 3 years of owning your car.
Sorry but there is no way in hell they would void your warranty for not getting a recommended service. I have almost 60,000 miles on my '06 Si and have had every single oil change done by the dealer, I've told them so many times that I don't want the maintenance they've stopped asking me. I also have an extended warranty, even used it once, and have aftermarket parts and they have never even brought up the subject of my warranty being void for not getting the maintenance or my aftermarket parts.

To the OP, just ask the dealer for a list of what is included in the service and do the few important things yourself, like changing the tranny fluid (I had the dealer put in Amsoil tranny fluid). Most of it is BS stuff like checking brake wear, adjusting the e-brake, checking fluid levels, etc.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Simply DO NOT ask for a complete service list. Ie 20k service. You will get and pay for the dealerships VERSION of service which includes extra items and even items the manaul says to NOT get such as fuel cleaner.

Find out what they included in an oil change only. Often they will check for free several items. You get to pay only for an oil change. If you need more service ask about each price on its own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.