8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Folks, newbie here.
Just picked up an 2008 Civic LX 4 dr sedan for my wife yesterday to replace her 1986 that has 67,069 original miles.

After thoroughly researching the vehicle I discovered there are no options for body side moldings, only door edge guards. In addition, there are only a few sites that offer custom body moldings for the
2008 (2006-2008) Civic.
Since the design of the car offers no protection I thought it be a wise investment to install the moldings myself.

Now for the problem, I am unable to locate the paint code for the vehicle,
the color is Alabaster Silver, I would assume the codes are the same for
2006-2008 I searched the owners manual, did a google search, and searched this site with no results. I learned on the Honda's there are two locations possible, drivers door pillar mount, or under hood about in the middle of the firewall, it's not there.

If anybody knows the location please advise.

Another thought, I know the custom painted ones will look good on the vehicle, however, since it paint over vinyl I'm thinking the paint will chip if struck by another vehicles door. Other option is install plain black unpainted molding which I think will detract from the vehicles appearence, although it may be more practical as well as several options on the width of the molding.

The custom molding I am considering buying is fastened by 3M tape, has anybody installed using this method and will it hold up.

Kindly give your advice about installing body side moldings. Thanks in advance for any information provided.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
check here for your paint codes...

www.paintscratch.com
Been there but didn't show Alabaster Silver. Did more searching and found a site that had it, the code is NH 700M. I looked it up on paintscratch.com and it indicated the name as " Satin Silver Metallic Clearcoat ". I then went and looked at the door pillar and there it was, however, it did not show this was the paint code, just a set of numbers along with some others that did not reference for what they were for. The vin # was self explanatory.

I still would like to hear from others regarding body side moldings before I order them.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Been there but didn't show Alabaster Silver. Did more searching and found a site that had it, the code is NH 700M. I looked it up on paintscratch.com and it indicated the name as " Satin Silver Metallic Clearcoat ". I then went and looked at the door pillar and there it was, however, it did not show this was the paint code, just a set of numbers along with some others that did not reference for what they were for. The vin # was self explanatory.

I still would like to hear from others regarding body side moldings before I order them.

Yeah, they little tag doesn't say "PAINT CODE" in big bold letters, it's just a series of letters/numbers.

Not surprising to see the "Satin Silver" as the color name, as that's what it is on JDM/EDM cars.

·
Registered
46 Posts
itzbinnice Have you had an luck with molding? I am looking now for my 09 LX-S and all I can really find is black from Whitney. My car is Polished Metal Metallic. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.