8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some of these questions are answered in other threads but i wanna get straightforward info if i can. A lot of great parts keep coming up for sale and i don't grab them because i'm not sure if things will fit properly.

I have an 07 EX coupe. Here are my questions:

Can I use Si Rotors? I need new brakes in a month or so and i was looking into slotted drilled rotors. What about sedan rotors, should be the same right?

Can I use an Si axleback exhaust/muffler? also will the HFP muffler fit my coupe? I would assume that the sedan catback would be different but i'm not sure.

Also, anyone ever try one of those $100 ebay exhaust systems? more than likely a waste of money, just wondering.

I know they made rear window visors for the sedan but i dont think they did for the coupe, i guess that would mean the sedan ones don't fit the coupe?

How aboot the Si/HFP suspension? any differences with the sedan and coupe?

if you guys have any resources for me, reference pics, anything please post!

thanks to everyone in advance!

·
Premium Member
45,045 Posts
I have an 07 EX coupe. Here are my questions:

Can I use Si Rotors? I need new brakes in a month or so and i was looking into slotted drilled rotors. What about sedan rotors, should be the same right?

You can use si rotors if you get si calipers

Can I use an Si axleback exhaust/muffler? also will the HFP muffler fit my coupe? I would assume that the sedan catback would be different but i'm not sure.

Axleback bolts straight up.
Also, anyone ever try one of those $100 ebay exhaust systems? more than likely a waste of money, just wondering.
Waste. Spend the money for something nice.

I know they made rear window visors for the sedan but i dont think they did for the coupe, i guess that would mean the sedan ones don't fit the coupe?
correct

How aboot the Si/HFP suspension? any differences with the sedan and coupe?
spring rates are different because the sedan "weighs" more. They'd both fit though.

if you guys have any resources for me, reference pics, anything please post!

thanks to everyone in advance!

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Don't bother with slotted rotors. Spend money on quality solid rotors and quality brake pads.

I've had the eBay cat back. It's fine but the finish will wear down in about 2 years or quicker in bad weather.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Don't bother with slotted rotors. Spend money on quality solid rotors and quality brake pads.
x2, also avoid drilled rotors like the plague.

You can make a case for slotted rotors for high performance vehicles, but most cars, including Civics, would never generate enough heat to warrant their use.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
My LX Coupe generates enough heat that it starts vibrating after a 5 minute run on the back roads in 60-30 continuous braking situations. I would love some slotted rotors, but then again my read brakes are drums...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts