8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am new to this forum. I used to have a 2005 Rsx type-s and a Civic Ek. My parents got me this car because I crash my Ek. Its a auto, sad... Since I can't go fast or anything near fast. I want this car to handle like a track car. I been looking up parts for my car and it seem like it most parts only has the Si listed. Will all the Si upgrade fit in my LX? Like progress sway, Coilover, and so on.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
holy crap

This thread is about to go downhill :lildevil:
You got that right pal!

Hey, baddrummerboyy, a lot of people here resent it when parents buy cars for their kids... Granted, some will say "Big deal, it's an LX auto", but today's youth become misled as to the value of the dollar when a $17000 car is given to them. Hell, I bet the RSX-S was a gift also, correct?

Maybe a Daweoo would do (it rhymes) until you grow and mature as a driver... I have a feeling the EK was wrecked by a street race... C'mon admit it. What happened to the RSX-S, was it a trade-in or a victim also? Be honest.

Save some of your dad's money and invest $500 in a proper driving school like the ones offered by Skip Barber or The Mid-Ohio School.

You'll thank me later.

How was that, Chris? :)

Anthony "Mario" Crea
NNJR-SCCA

·
Registered
118 Posts
I want this car to handle like a track car. I been looking up parts for my car and it seem like it most parts only has the Si listed. Will all the Si upgrade fit in my LX? Like progress sway, Coilover, and so on.
Si parts bolt right up, especially the brake stuff. I would go with Moton Motorsport 4 ways, the biggest front bar you can find and remove the rear bar. Crank it down for max drop and, oh, how can I forget. Ya gotta get an ASGM.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
You got that right pal!

Hey, baddrummerboyy, a lot of people here resent it when parents buy cars for their kids... Granted, some will say "Big deal, it's an LX auto", but today's youth become misled as to the value of the dollar when a $17000 car is given to them. Hell, I bet the RSX-S was a gift also, correct?

Maybe a Daweoo would do (it rhymes) until you grow and mature as a driver... I have a feeling the EK was wrecked by a street race... C'mon admit it. What happened to the RSX-S, was it a trade-in or a victim also? Be honest.

Save some of your dad's money and invest $500 in a proper driving school like the ones offered by Skip Barber or The Mid-Ohio School.

You'll thank me later.

How was that, Chris? :)

Anthony "Mario" Crea
NNJR-SCCA

haha perfect :laughing:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
SORRY, No the EK was not crash from street racing. For the type-s I could not afford the insurance cost for it. It was either eat up the cost in insurance which was more then the lost from selling it.

Never did I say I was not thankful for the civic. I like it, and I am living with it. Its just a auto, so I'm planning to make it handle well as there is no point to mod the engine because it will still be slow.

Man, I thought people would be helpful in 8th Gen. I talked to two 8th Gen member at my school (Polytechnis Pomona), and they'll nice people. I guess the same can't be said about all you guys.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
SORRY, No the EK was not crash from street racing. For the type-s I could not afford the insurance cost for it. It was either eat up the cost in insurance which was more then the lost from selling it.

Never did I say I was not thankful for the civic. I like it, and I am living with it. Its just a auto, so I'm planning to make it handle well as there is no point to mod the engine because it will still be slow.

Man, I thought people would be helpful in 8th Gen. I talked to two 8th Gen member at my school (Polytechnis Pomona), and they'll nice people. I guess the same can't be said about all you guys.
Probably because you came on here complaining that you only got a ~16K car handed to you and not a 22k car. "I'll live with it" doesn't exactly sound grateful to me. A lot of these people on the forums work hard to make the payments on their cars and you have none, yet you still complain. I guess you'd actually have to be making payments on the car to realize how annoying it is saying you'll survive with the car you paint as mediocre.

As for the question you asked, I don't think there's much right now. I guess you could go for a full coilover suspension kit but I doubt you wanna be spending well in excess of a thousand dollars to make your car handle better.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Si parts bolt right up, especially the brake stuff. I would go with Moton Motorsport 4 ways, the biggest front bar you can find and remove the rear bar. Crank it down for max drop and, oh, how can I forget. Ya gotta get an ASGM.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably because you came on here complaining that you only got a ~16K car handed to you and not a 22k car. "I'll live with it" doesn't exactly sound grateful to me. A lot of these people on the forums work hard to make the payments on their cars and you have none, yet you still complain. I guess you'd actually have to be making payments on the car to realize how annoying it is saying you'll survive with the car you paint as mediocre.

As for the question you asked, I don't think there's much right now. I guess you could go for a full coilover suspension kit but I doubt you wanna be spending well in excess of a thousand dollars to make your car handle better.
I'm sorry if I painted the car to be mediocre. I was just stating the facts. The civic lx is slow, just as many cars that cost $45,000. It does not make it more or less of a car just because it is slow. Civic LX is a great car for the money. Why would I be a member on the forum if I did not think better of it. Since I know its not fast, and there is no point to fixing up a auto engine, that is why I'm focusing on handling and why I'm asking. I've been driving stick for the last three years and going to auto is a bummer for me. And yes I know all about working hard for money. I got the Ek myself, and spent a lot of time and money on it. It was going to be on D-sport Magazine, then it got into a accident. Yes it was my fault. Accident happens, people make mistake, thats why its called accident. After that I haven't had a car for a long time. I been borrow my mom car for months. My old sister bought a new car and gave back the civic my parents got her to my little sister. My parents got a new civic for my little sister but choose to give it to me. That the story. Gezz

·
Registered
932 Posts
Cut the kid some slack !!!

His 5th post and all he wants is some constructive help with his handling. First, welcome to 8th Civic Forum and from your questions I think you have the right approach. IMO...In this order this what you should do. First, get a light weight 17" rims with 225/45-17 performance tires, some sort of sway bar help, and then work on your suspension. Any other mods available at this time are not worth the money as they do not result in a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
His 5th post and all he wants is some constructive help with his handling. First, welcome to 8th Civic Forum and from your questions I think you have the right approach. IMO...In this order this what you should do. First, get a light weight 17" rims with 225/45-17 performance tires, some sort of sway bar help, and then work on your suspension. Any other mods available at this time are not worth the money as they do not result in a noticeable difference.
THANKS!!! Finally, I mite stick around now.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You got that right pal!

Hey, baddrummerboyy, a lot of people here resent it when parents buy cars for their kids...
My parents bought me my new 07 LX sedan manual. DEFINITELY not my first choice, but I like it. I would be perfectly happy in an 89' wrangler with no doors or a roof or any other car that I helped buy.

Unfortunately they didnt think that would be very safe. Civic is safe, reliable, and my 2 little brothers will be able to drive it.

That being said, I am probably going to get my dads 1994 civic that my aunt now drives, in college. That will be fine with me(150,000+ miles, no a/c, crank windows...) as long as it is mine, I paid for it, and my name is on the title.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't think he got it.

Drummer, What mods did you have on the EK? They had to be pretty good to get on the cover of a mag? What did you do to earn all that money for all those parts and how are you going to pay for all the parts you have now? Will your parents let you mod their car?

So, lets say you get the money and your parents give you the :thumb: This is what you need to do.

1. Read the stickies (light blue threads at the top of the section) and this thread http://http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43130
2. Go to some auto x events and learn how to push your car to the limit because you can't do that on the street. This will improve your skills a lot and keep you from wrecking the fg
3. Get light weight 17x8" wheels with the stickiest 235 rubber you can afford.
4. Go auto xing again
5. Get front camber bolts (4 total 2 per side) and go to an alignment shop. Tell them to max out front negative camber and max out front positive caster and set toe to 0 all around
6. Go auto xing again
7. Wait for Koni sports to come out and get Ground Control springs to go with it. At the same time get a rear camber kit like SPC.
8. Get the car realigned with the same amout of front camber/caster and toe and put the rear camber to a little more than stock.
9. Go auto xing again
10. Get a rear sway bar
11. Go auto xing again
12. Go auto xing again

After you have done all that, come back and ask what to do next becuase after that, you are really going to get into some hard core racing parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts