8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger airbag on my 06 ex coupe deployed a few years back. I'd like to either replace it, or just replace the cover and forgo putting in a replacement airbag. Problem is, I'm not sure what model airbag i need for my car, secondly if i decide to not replace the airbag and just get a cover, is there a fuse i can pull to get the light to turn off? At this point if it's easier to ignore the airbag and just replace the cover i'd rather go that route, i'm the only person that really rides in this car anyways.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The passenger airbag on my 06 ex coupe deployed a few years back. I'd like to either replace it, or just replace the cover and forgo putting in a replacement airbag. Problem is, I'm not sure what model airbag i need for my car, secondly if i decide to not replace the airbag and just get a cover, is there a fuse i can pull to get the light to turn off? At this point if it's easier to ignore the airbag and just replace the cover i'd rather go that route, i'm the only person that really rides in this car anyways.
The passenger airbag for 8th Gen Civics is currently under recall for dangerous Takata inflators.

The only safe source of a replacement module will be a Honda dealer. Absolutely DO NOT try to get one on the used market, because you could be installing an old, degraded part that could later explode and seriously injure or kill the passenger if the airbag deploys in an accident.

The following link have information that you may find useful.

Honda's official central website for Airbag recalls on all models:
Honda Airbag Info Recall

Honda recall lookup website:
Recall Information for Safety & Defects | Honda Owners Site

·
Registered
372 Posts
Those airbag recalls are free, I would just go to Honda and get it done. Honestly, it only took about half an hour and the car looked the same afterwards (no damage or anything). You're definitely fortunate no one was hurt. Those things are deadly. See what Honda says, it's worth a shot to see if they'll do it even though it's been deployed, especially since it's their goof up in the first place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts