8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
although lately here in GA we have been getting 100deg temps but i expect the Civic AC to be colder when the car is moving. I have to turn it to full cold and fan at 3-4 clicks to get it goin and i would think it should be in the middle of the cold temp dial instead (my 92x i set it to 70 deg and its still got plenty of room to get colder)

I also noticed that the Low pressure side of the compressor line on most cars is not insulated (I insulated my 92x) including the civic. Is there a reason why is it not insulated ??? is it bad to insulate it?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Bring it back to your dealership. I experienced similar conditions, and brought my car back to have a recall done, and they told me I had no freon in the AC system.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I went to an auto store and purchased a recharge kit for $20. My AC is colder now, not great but colder than it was.

This however will not solve the constant cycling of the compressor!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kidekat said:
Bring it back to your dealership. I experienced similar conditions, and brought my car back to have a recall done, and they told me I had no freon in the AC system.
recall ??
there is definately some freon in mine because it is cold but was not expecting keep it max to get cold

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Sounds like it's working fine to me. If you have your dial all the way to the left and the fan only 3 or 4 clicks and it can cool the car down then your doing good, I have my fan cranked to cool the car down and then turn it down to maintain the temp.

If I turn my temp knob 1/2 way hot air comes blasting out, this is a whole different ac system from a 92. 15 years of difference there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts