8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got a set of aftermarket/smoked headlights and they come with a 4th opening for the city driving bulb under the high beam. Not sure if that is the correct name for it, it's what we called them on the VW's when I had one. Wiring I can figure out based on some posts about it on older Civics, but not sure the bulb size on the 06-11 Civics. Thanks for any help or links to posts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys, got a set of aftermarket/smoked headlights and they come with a 4th opening for the city driving bulb under the high beam. Not sure if that is the correct name for it, it's what we called them on the VW's when I had one. Wiring I can figure out based on some posts about it on older Civics, but not sure the bulb size on the 06-11 Civics. Thanks for any help or links to posts.
I had to google it to try to see what you mean, and I think I found a few pictures of what you’re talking about. If it’s what I’m thinking, there’s a good chance it could take the stock front turn signal bulb. If this doesn’t fit, try some of the other exterior bulbs. Look at the bulb sheet I attached below and try swapping each of these bulbs into the socket. This way, you don’t hassle with guessing which one it is, and end up buying the wrong one. There’s a good chance it’s one of the ones on the list, but of course it can also be a size that’s not on there. In that case, I’m not sure what to suggest. Maybe someone else can chime in.

https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting-h-i-d-s-neon/10184-bulb-lamp-replacement-guide.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
W5w

I have a set of aftermarket headlights also, on the back of the headlight assembly it says W5W. So I bought two W5W plugs/wiring harness and bulbs. My problem is that I would like to use that as another turn signal on the front like some newer vehicles have but I don't know how to wire it so that the bulb is only on when the turn signal is blinking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a set of aftermarket headlights also, on the back of the headlight assembly it says W5W. So I bought two W5W plugs/wiring harness and bulbs. My problem is that I would like to use that as another turn signal on the front like some newer vehicles have but I don't know how to wire it so that the bulb is only on when the turn signal is blinking.
Thanks! Yeah, that is the bulb and then I found the harness for it too. I am having my body shop wire that bulb to my daytime running lights. The harness and socket I got wasn't the best, so they are going to silicone it in so its at least water tight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Photoman
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing