8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey guys, Im new to FA5's and was currently looking for the part # for the 07-08 color matched piece. I know it was stated the link was on the 1st or 2nd page, but i didnt find it. If someone could give me the part # i would appreciate it. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey guys, Im new to FA5's and was currently looking for the part # for the 07-08 color matched piece. I know it was stated the link was on the 1st or 2nd page, but i didnt find it. If someone could give me the part # i would appreciate it. Thanks in advance
74890-SNE-A31 020 001 GARNISH ASSY., RR. LICENSE

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered my trunk trim piece from College Hills Honda (awesome customer service and super quick shipping, btw!) a few weeks ago. I got the strip in the closest color blue to Dyno Blue Perl that they had (Atomic Blue Metallic). When you're not in direct sunlight you really can't tell the difference between the two colors (I think because it's such a small piece). But once you are in the light, that's when it becomes apparent that the two colors are pretty different. That being said, I decided to go ahead and try to paint the strip myself and avoid the body shops if possible. If in the end I discover that I can't paint worth crap, then off the the body shop it goes.

So for those who are wondering here is what I ordered (from automotivetouchup.com):

Item No.: AER-CC
Description: 12 oz Aerosol High Gloss Clear Coat
Quantity: 1
Item Price: $7.95

Item No.: AER-PR-Grey
Description: 12 oz Aerosol Sandable Grey Lacquer Primer
Item Price: $7.95

Item No.: Assorted Wet Sandpaper Pack
Description: 1 sheet each 180, 320, 600, 1000, 1500 5 sheets of 5 1/2 x 9 wet or dry
Item Price: $4.95

Item No.: B561P
Description: 2011 Honda Civic, 12 oz Aerosol Spray Paint : Dyno Blue Prl
Item Price: $19.95

I'll give this a shot and post up some pictures when I'm done. Fingers crossed that it goes well!

***Update:

Below are the before/after pictures. I think it turned out very well.

did you paint on the college hills piece or the stock piece? and how well did the paint stick?

161 - 172 of 172 Posts