8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody!! I'm new to the 8th gen civic. Just curious what are people doing with this piece of trim?? Body color match?? Looking for examples and ideas. I did a search but didn't have much luck. If there is a thread for this I apologize.

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
hey barry

just get the '07-'08 RR piece from honda (RB honda does online price matching btw)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
honda offers paint matched trim, or you can go do like a flat black like some do. your call. think anything looks better than the chrome.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
can someone post a link of where to get the painted ones or a place to get an overlay?

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I got the '08 piece from College Hills Honda. Not only did I not like the chrome, I also hated the bulge. This piece sits nice and flush, ...the ones with the chrome pieces painted still looks like a wart on the Sedan's arse.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
safe to assume that the single bolt that they refer to in the chh vid is the one holding the key slot in the FA1 trunks?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes. Pop the single 10mm bolt out and then pinch the 5 or so fasteners. Super easy and fast. I went with a satin finish black on mine to tie it into the wheels. I think it looks good on my color (PMM) and it was free as a friend owns the best auto repair shop in town. Now I need to redo the emblem as the plasti dip doesn't match well.

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
safe to assume that the single bolt that they refer to in the chh vid is the one holding the key slot in the FA1 trunks?
Nope, there's actually one bolt in there near the center. The rest are plastic clips. I have an EX (no key hole) so it's the same part as the Si one. Only DX/LX get the key hole.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
did they all come chrome? I bought my 07 about a year and a half ago and it already had the matching piece?

1 - 20 of 172 Posts